Dealer manually confirmed my order

Rconkling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE
Country flag
I got a call and an email from the sales manager at Novato Ford.

He says he manually converted my order so I wouldn't be delayed and that we can make changes to the color and battery on Friday.

I find this quite interesting as I didnt request him to do so. I was actually planning to wait as long as possible to convert the order as we are still on the fence about the purchase.

He also said I dont need to give him a deposit and that the refund from Ford was forthcoming. Ford is also offering 0.9% for 48 mo and 1.9% for 60 mo, a $2500 rebate, and X plan pricing.

The rebate makes me wonder about the conversion rate. His tactic of manually converting the order also seems strange. Maybe he is trying to get as many on the lot at possible.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

He says he manually converted my order so I wouldn't be delayed and that we can make changes to the color and battery on Friday.

I find this quite interesting as I didnt request him to do so. I was actually planning to wait as long as possible to convert the order as we are still on the fence about the purchase.

He also said I dont need to give him a deposit and that the refund from Ford was forthcoming. Ford is also offering 0.9% for 48 mo and 1.9% for 60 mo, a $2500 rebate, and X plan pricing.

The rebate makes me wonder about the conversion rate. His tactic of manually converting the order also seems strange. Maybe he is trying to get as many on the lot at possible.
A bird in the hand? It does make sense that the dealer can do this as some people prefer to have the dealer do these things than doing it themselves online.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Is the $2500 rebate from Ford or your state??

OP
OP

Rconkling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE
Country flag
Is the $2500 rebate from Ford or your state??
I'm guessing Ford. The financing thread confirms this.

CA dropped the EV rebate to $2000, unless you are low income. The vehicle also has to have a base MSRP below $60k.

Bekkis

First Name
Stig William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suzuki s-cross now ordered the Mack e awd long range
Country flag
In Norway ?? we have no orders yet, only reservations.
My reservation date and number is:
18/11/2019
Dato for forhåndsbestilling
Forhåndsbestillingsnummer

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
In Norway ?? we have no orders yet, only reservations.
My reservation date and number is:
18/11/2019
Dato for forhåndsbestilling
Forhåndsbestillingsnummer
Those match up with the US numbers. 4914 is about right for an 18 November reservation. Other Norwegian reservations have matched up as well. Thanks.
Sponsored