Dealer markup and deposit fee issue

ruggedroadracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
My ordered MACH-E got delivered today after over 5 months.
Unfortunately, the dealer added a $7,500 markup and did not refund the initial $500 deposit I made to place the order.
Please, how do I go about getting this reversed?
Sponsored

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
You took screen shots when you ordered, right? The line that says "Difference from Total MSRP" is $0.00....?

Call Ford. Call the salesperson. Call the consumer's rights bureau in your state if that doesn't work.

If you order a car from Ford, seems to me they need to complete the deal on the original terms irrespective of the dealer you chose to process the car for delivery.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You took screen shots when you ordered, right? The line that says "Difference from Total MSRP" is $0.00....?

Call Ford. Call the salesperson. Call the consumer's rights bureau in your state if that doesn't work.

If you order a car from Ford, seems to me they need to complete the deal on the original terms irrespective of the dealer you chose to process the car for delivery.
Reach out to Mike Levine per this thread:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ne-know-if-you-see-dealer-adm-on-mach-e.4654/

While Ford can't stop dealers from charging ADM on cars on their lot that were not pre-ordered, they absolutely don't want to see dealers pull this kind of crap on ordered cars. You had a deal with them. They need to honor it.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Unfortunately, the dealer added a $7,500 markup and did not refund the initial $500 deposit I made to place the order.
As has been posted on this board try reaching out to Mike Levine

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ne-know-if-you-see-dealer-adm-on-mach-e.4654/

Hopefully he will be able to sort this out for you, sucks that anybody needs to go to such lengths to get a proper price some dealers just don't get it and no doubt will be the first to moan about online only sales..

Up and Over

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, Iconic Silver
Country flag
I’d nope my way out of there and that would be my last experience with Ford. That is infuriating.

Eosin

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
This is ridiculous. They should be required to honor the price you agreed to when placing the order. I hope this doesn't happen to me when I pick my car up next week.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Wow, you have two bad issues here with this dealer. I would definitely contact Mike Levine about both the non-refunded deposit and the ADM.

rfrommd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER RWD
Country flag
I'm glad you got this resolved. I'm hoping that @FordMotorCompany will be keeping an eye out for situations like this and forwarding them on to Mike Levine or whoever he delegates to to fix it.

O’Msjestic1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F250 Limited Diesel, 2017 F250 Lariat Diesel,
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Griffith Ford San Marcos (between Austin and San Antonio) is marking up $7000. They have a white premium RWD extended range. We searched n aps don’t include the $7k.
Sponsored