Dealer near Charlotte/Cornelius that is certified to repair Mach-E?

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Space White
Country flag
  • Banned
Hi, has anyone found a dealership around the Charlotte area that is able to service the Mach-E? I went to Mooresville today and they returned it to me after an hour and said they were not able to service the vehicle.
Sponsored

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 4X, Jeep Wrangler 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ouch. Maybe try Mark Ficken Ford (previously Felix Sabates) on South Boulevard in Charlotte. I haven't had mine in for service on the MME yet, but they are big enough to have the capability.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hi, has anyone found a dealership around the Charlotte area that is able to service the Mach-E? I went to Mooresville today and they returned it to me after an hour and said they were not able to service the vehicle.
You can search for EV repair certified dealers on the Ford website.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Racing_Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, '04 Silverado
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Mooresville shows up as an EV certified dealer on that search, which makes it really disappointing that they refused to work on the OP's vehicle. It seems like there should be some repercussion from Ford if an EV certified dealer refuses to actually work on EVs.
Hmm, there used to be 2 selections in that search tool: 1 for EV SALES, and 1 for EV SERVICE. The dealer I bought my car from is only EV sales certified; I wonder if Mooresville is only EV sales certified as well?

Might have to make some old fashioned telephone calls

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hmm, there used to be 2 selections in that search tool: 1 for EV SALES, and 1 for EV SERVICE. The dealer I bought my car from is only EV sales certified; I wonder if Mooresville is only EV sales certified as well?

maybe it's me, but you shouldn't be able to sell an ev as a certified "ev dealer" and not also be certified to repair them, You're right tho, they did used to have two choices..

OP
OP
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
  • Banned

Unfortunately, calling them doesn't seem to help. Mooresville told me they were. Several others have as well until I spoke with the service manager who wasn't sure or said they weren't. I've reached out to Ford leadership and social media. Scheduling is several weeks out and to schedule and then show up only to be turned away is something I'm trying to avoid going through again.

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
I have an order currently in for my GT at Town & Country Ford on Independence Blvd. Spoke to them today and they said they have 5-6 of them on order. That's pretty meaningful volume for a single dealer IMO so you may want to try them.

OP
OP
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have an order currently in for my GT at Town & Country Ford on Independence Blvd. Spoke to them today and they said they have 5-6 of them on order. That's pretty meaningful volume for a single dealer IMO so you may want to try them.
Thanks, I am currently scheduled at Huntersville Ford next week. Mooresville had a tech scheduled to be trained in August apparently, but the training was cancelled. I've been in contact with the Ford executive office, regional contact, and they assure me that Huntersville has qualified techs and the Mach-E team will be ready to assist if needed. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Sponsored