Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME FE
Occupation
IT Security
Country flag
So my original issue was this:

"Has anyone had an issue where their SiriusXM doesn't work? When I turn to it, the message on the screen says "Acquiring Signal" for a few minutes then returns the message "Hardware Problem". I've already called SiriusXM to refresh the radio and it has not worked. Also, when I go to the SiriusXM screen in settings, I have no Radio ID. Any ideas?"

After having my car for a week, the dealer told me that they had to order special equipment from Ford (a computer?) to diagnose and repair the car so they are returning it until it comes in (about a week).

Anyone familiar with this or heard of dealers requiring this type of equipment to diagnose/repair the MME since it is so new?
Sponsored

Last edited:

O’Msjestic1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F250 Limited Diesel, 2017 F250 Lariat Diesel,
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

"Has anyone had an issue where their SiriusXM doesn't work? When I turn to it, the message on the screen says "Acquiring Signal" for a few minutes then returns the message "Hardware Problem". I've already called SiriusXM to refresh the radio and it has not worked. Also, when I go to the SiriusXM screen in settings, I have no Radio ID. Any ideas?"

After having my car for a week, the dealer told me that they had to order special equipment from Ford (a computer?) to diagnose and repair the car so they are returning it until it comes in (about a week).

Anyone familiar with this or heard of dealers requiring this type of equipment to diagnose/repair the MME since it s so new?
Long story so bear with me. I live west of a major city (don’t want to condemn my dealer if what I was told is not correct so I won’t give city names). The previous Ford dealer GM (in January) told me he was not ordering any MME’s when I was telling him I wanted one to test drive. When I try to place an order for an MME now the local dealer does not come up as a choice using zip or geolocation. I checked with the local dealer and they said yes it was because they did not order any and they would not be able to service MME’s.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag

Anyone familiar with this or heard of dealers requiring this type of equipment to diagnose/repair the MME since it s so new?
Same thing here, only dealers who would be certified and trained for the MME could sell the car. Its very possible your dealer went through training but did not get the necessary troubleshooting equipment. I remember a few years back the Nissan dealer I was going to was selling leafs, but the special lift and service equipment were in the waiting area of the shop all wrapped up and wsiting to be installed even though they had already sold some cars.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
The only equipment required is FDRS and a VCM 2/3. Shouldn't be anything special. There is special training required to work on MMEs, but interior electronics likely doesn't actually need that. I guess its possible the dealer has an OE VCM or VCMM and just has used IDS? I find that hard to believe though, some new cars cannot use IDS.

IDK what they need to diagnose it but sounds silly. FDRS does it all and they should have had it since 2018 (it comes with an IDS subscription!!).

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
The only equipment required is FDRS and a VCM 2/3. Shouldn't be anything special. There is special training required to work on MMEs, but interior electronics likely doesn't actually need that. I guess its possible the dealer has an OE VCM or VCMM and just has used IDS? I find that hard to believe though, some new cars cannot use IDS.

IDK what they need to diagnose it but sounds silly. FDRS does it all and they should have had it since 2018 (it comes with an IDS subscription!!).
you're talking about requirements to sell or just repair? others have said on here installing an EVSE was a requirement for selling as well (actually I seem to recall at least two, one for Service and one for public use?)... not a huge expense mind you.

Last edited:

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag

@sockmeister posted a video, "2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Networks" sometime back which introduces FDRS for us FORD newbies:

Kandiru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MS85D
Country flag
Tesla already lost two techs to battery pack electrocutions, hope they train the techs well.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Tesla already lost two techs to battery pack electrocutions, hope they train the techs well.
I have a buddy that went to the Mach E training in Kansas City. He said they stressed safety so much. It was basically a safety course and it was all common sense but they drove it into their heads on how to not get killed. Also showed them how to remove and replace the battery pack and individual units in the battery pack.

OP
OP

bkboygenius

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME FE
Occupation
IT Security
Country flag
Thanks for all the information and replies from everyone. I also took a look at that video, interesting stuff. I'm still not sure what to think of the dealer's competency at this point. The fact that they are selling MME's, as someone stated, leads me to believe some of the techs must have been trained on repairing it.
Sponsored