Dealer not cancelling my order after I have already purchased an abandoned GB FE.

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
I have been trying to get my dealer to cancel my order for a RR Premium since I was able to find the GB FE that I really wanted. Many calls in he told me he was cutting me a check for the 500 cash I dropped off with the dealer. I said great, now please make sure Ford knows that I cancelled the order and they should credit me back on my card. Fast forward a few days and they hadn't cancelled my car yet so I called FORD marketing and they asked me to try one more time with the sales manager and if that doesn't work to call back and they would escalate. So I called the sales manager instead of my sales rep and of course I get a call back from my sales rep. Oh well, nice thing is he mentioned that the check already went out and should be at my house any moment. I reminded him of the online reservation portion and the 500 from there. He said, no we wrote the check for the full 1000.00 and you are all good. It donned on my at this point and time that they purposely don't want to cancel my order because they are making ADM on abandoned cars. Sneaky little dealers. Personally I will never buy from this dealer (would have been my 5th) again, because they are adding the ADM to the orders. I will service all 3 of my current fords at another location a couple more miles away from my house because I have witnessed them selling FE and Premiums for MSRP no ADM added.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The dealer may want to keep the order open until delivery so they get a Mach E to sell off their lot. They should make sure you get your deposits back, though.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I actually went to talk to my dealer that holds my GT reservation about this. They were totally fine with me keeping it, and ordering it when they come up, and they won't charge me the deposit, and just keep it as stock when it comes in.

They also said I could take it out for a drive when it comes in before they officially list it as well!

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I have been trying to get my dealer to cancel my order for a RR Premium since I was able to find the GB FE that I really wanted. Many calls in he told me he was cutting me a check for the 500 cash I dropped off with the dealer. I said great, now please make sure Ford knows that I cancelled the order and they should credit me back on my card. Fast forward a few days and they hadn't cancelled my car yet so I called FORD marketing and they asked me to try one more time with the sales manager and if that doesn't work to call back and they would escalate. So I called the sales manager instead of my sales rep and of course I get a call back from my sales rep. Oh well, nice thing is he mentioned that the check already went out and should be at my house any moment. I reminded him of the online reservation portion and the 500 from there. He said, no we wrote the check for the full 1000.00 and you are all good. It donned on my at this point and time that they purposely don't want to cancel my order because they are making ADM on abandoned cars. Sneaky little dealers. Personally I will never buy from this dealer (would have been my 5th) again, because they are adding the ADM to the orders. I will service all 3 of my current fords at another location a couple more miles away from my house because I have witnessed them selling FE and Premiums for MSRP no ADM added.
Just curious. If you get full refund, why do you care if the order gets cancelled?

OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The dealer may want to keep the order open until delivery so they get a Mach E to sell off their lot. They should make sure you get your deposits back, though.
Exactly. Supposedly they mailed the check on friday. Lets see if it comes today.

**ADM Rant!** BEWARE!

I am all for capitalism. But I am also about customer loyalty and service. Charging these ADM's frustrates me. It adds a barrier to adoption for ford and has the ability to leave bad taste in customers mouths when they see the added costs. I went with my daughter to look at a bronco sport at one of the local dealers who had them and sure enough, there was an 8k ADM on a 30k Bronco sport. Was ridiculous. I don't even want the hassle of haggling that stupid ADM away. I was a repeat customer (bought my Focus EV) and was using them as my default repair site for my Fords and the thought of customer loyalty becomes non-existent. I truly do look forward to the days when buying a car is more like shopping at Amazon or Costco. New model of dealerships should be adding charging stations, a decent eatery/coffee shop and then they can become ford delivery and service stations.

OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just curious. If you get full refund, why do you care if the order gets cancelled?
I don't. I just want my money back. Told him so, when he mentioned the 1k in the check I said oh, okay cool. Then I asked if he was not wanting to cancel it so he can get the inventory and sell with ADM. I am not going to call Ford and insist it drops off my account or anything.

As a F shareholder I want to see many more Mach-e's on the road. More the merrier for me. I just wished the dealer would knock off the ADM's.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Yeah as long as I got my money back, I’d have no problem letting the dealer keep my order and even make a little extra on it. I’ve got zero issues with dealers marking up rare cars. It is the premium some will be willing to pay as opposed to waiting 6mos.

I also placed an order for a Premium but backed out after finding a Grabber Blue on the lot for x-plan price. My dealer refunded my deposit AND cancelled my order.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Are you saying that the dealer required a $1000 deposit or that Ford still has your initial $500 reservation deposit AND the dealer has your $500 order deposit?

OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you saying that the dealer required a $1000 deposit or that Ford still has your initial $500 reservation deposit AND the dealer has your $500 order deposit?
I am saying I did the reservation online which asked for 500. And then I was asked by my dealer to give them another 500.00 so I ran some cash over to the dealer. So when it came time to cancel the order at that time the dealership was only aware of the 500 cash I gave them. I told them just cancel the online order and Ford will most likely credit my CC again like when I cancelled my GT reservation.

The dealer is instead just sending me a check for 1000.00 but not cancelling the order. I am paid so I don't care anymore. But it's interesting how hard it must be to get inventory for the dealership that they are purposely not cancelling my order so that it can get into their inventory.

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Similar situation: Premium ordered online but bought an FE off the lot. My dealer is supposed to be canceling my order (it had not hit production yet) and refund me the $500 but they have not done it yet. I'm a little irritated as I have called and emailed multiple times.

At least this thread reminded me to follow up again...

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It seems that several of us here have had the same experience in placing an order and then being given the opportunity to purchase a car someone else turned down. However, my salesman applied the $500 deposit to the car I purchased. Upon checking the status of my order, it appears that the order is still active, but I suppose that makes no difference to me unless they attempt to force me to accept a second car.

OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It seems that several of us here have had the same experience in placing an order and then being given the opportunity to purchase a car someone else turned down. However, my salesman applied the $500 deposit to the car I purchased. Upon checking the status of my order, it appears that the order is still active, but I suppose that makes no difference to me unless they attempt to force me to accept a second car.
I agree, I will enjoy watching it go through the process that I skipped by buying an abandoned FE. For me though I had to buy from a different dealer because my dealer was trying to charge me an ADM to buy an abandoned FE. I said SCREW YOU and purchased in a different state and getting X-Plan pricing. Was awesome and the drive back was mostly fun!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I am saying I did the reservation online which asked for 500. And then I was asked by my dealer to give them another 500.00 so I ran some cash over to the dealer. So when it came time to cancel the order at that time the dealership was only aware of the 500 cash I gave them. I told them just cancel the online order and Ford will most likely credit my CC again like when I cancelled my GT reservation.

The dealer is instead just sending me a check for 1000.00 but not cancelling the order. I am paid so I don't care anymore. But it's interesting how hard it must be to get inventory for the dealership that they are purposely not cancelling my order so that it can get into their inventory.
That doesn't sound right. When you do a reservation online, Ford charges $500 to your credit card. When you converted that reservation to an order, Ford refunds the $500 to your credit card and the dealer collects their deposit (typically $500). Let us know how it goes with the check.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I don't. I just want my money back. Told him so, when he mentioned the 1k in the check I said oh, okay cool. Then I asked if he was not wanting to cancel it so he can get the inventory and sell with ADM. I am not going to call Ford and insist it drops off my account or anything.

As a F shareholder I want to see many more Mach-e's on the road. More the merrier for me. I just wished the dealer would knock off the ADM's.
I am as opposed to dealer price gouging as anyone, but what do you expect them to do ship the car back to Mexico? Isn't that how you got your GB FE? Someone backed out and the dealer put it up for sale. That dealer didn't cancel the order either.

Kandiru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MS85D
Country flag
These greasy paw blood sucking parasite fatsos are begging to get cut out of the automotive ecosystem. Once the analog multidecade groomed for abuse hepta/octogenarians die off, the 21st century citizens will vote with their fingers on the keyboard.
Sponsored

Last edited: