Dealer not cancelling my order after I have already purchased an abandoned GB FE.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition
Country flag
If people weren't paying above MSRP they wouldn't be asking for it. It's called capitalism and supply and demand. I dont understand why people get so upset. If you don't want to pay ADM then don't. Simple as that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
I am as opposed to dealer price gouging as anyone, but what do you expect them to do ship the car back to Mexico? Isn't that how you got your GB FE? Someone backed out and the dealer put it up for sale. That dealer didn't cancel the order either.
Hmm, not sure what of my quote made you think that I didn't want them to receive the car I ordered. But as I said the more the merrier on the market. All I wanted was to ensure I got the 1k I had paid(500 online and 500 in person).

OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One was a reservation for a GT, no order was ever placed. The second was for a RR Premium. I mentioned in earlier posts about how after I heard there were people abandoning ones that were actually landing I called my salesman and he told me they had a RR FE that was about to land and was abandoned. I told him I was interested and he called back offering it to me for 7k over MSRP instead of the X-Plan that I was going to get with my ordered one. I then tried another local dealer who had the GB FE that I was really interested in originally and they had a 10k ADM on it.

As for my "Order". It doesn't even show as ordered yet. It is in Order Ready state. Probably won't even get a build date for another 2 months. I told the dealer when he claimed they wanted 7k to get the FE RR I told him right then I will be cancelling the order after I find a dealer who isn't out to milk their customers. Found one 3 days later in Denver and took off to buy it there.

The sneaky part is the car isn't even ordered yet, and they are keeping it going through the process so that they can get another abandoned car they can put a 5-7k ADM on. It still shows that I am ordering it and has my contact details associated to the reservation.

OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If people weren't paying above MSRP they wouldn't be asking for it. It's called capitalism and supply and demand. I dont understand why people get so upset. If you don't want to pay ADM then don't. Simple as that.
Your right, lets go back to paying 500 for insulin while Canada is paying 32.00. "Because supply and demand." Yep. As I mentioned before, I get capitalism, hell I have owned a few companies over the past few decades. However, as a ford shareholder I am more interested in Ford being successful with this launch and having the dealers putting bad tastes in potential Ford EV owners is counter to that. When their options are Tesla who has more of a Amazon shopping model or Ford who have dealers who are randomly adding whatever markup they think they can get.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Hmm, not sure what of my quote made you think that I didn't want them to receive the car I ordered. But as I said the more the merrier on the market. All I wanted was to ensure I got the 1k I had paid(500 online and 500 in person).
This:
I have been trying to get my dealer to cancel my order for a RR Premium since I was able to find the GB FE that I really wanted.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just so I understand your concern: the dealer that sold you a highly in demand car is keeping an order open for another highly in demand car that they can sell? On top of that, you THINK that they MIGHT try to get extra profit out of that subsequent sale.

Those monsters!

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
I picked up my FE Mach-E off the lot with no ADM. When I went to dealers and talked to a few sales guys they told me that apparently they wouldn’t get a bunch of Mach-E to fill theirs lots but it’d stay as a made to order car.

you can’t bitch at your dealer to want to keep the order going when you just exploited that same trick earlier by grabbing your FE grabber blue off the lot.

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But I finished with I just wanted my deposit and I don't care about the order. To me cancelling order equalled getting my money back. But they refunded me without cancelling. Hence them being sneaky.

OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. For example I had purchased 4 cars from that dealer. Now, never again. Not even a service call, and on top of that my bubble of friends will hear from me when asking advice where to buy from and I will steer them clear of companies that choose to gouge their customers.

steverm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
.maxima, Lexus RX 450h
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My dealer told me there was a stop order on dealer cars. So they cannot get cars to sell unless it is a canceled order. Nothing nefarious about not wanting to cancel order. Unless you don't get your money back

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
When I bought my FE they told me Ford would refund my $1500. Ford didn’t so a week later I called and they said they’d look into it. AFter an hour I got a call back saying I could come pick up a check the next day. Picked up the check for $1500 and that was that. According to my account on Ford.com I still have a car ordered with a scheduled production date but I got my deposit back. Maybe my dealer decided to just take delivery of the car I ordered and sell it?

OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
[/QUOTE]
When I bought my FE they told me Ford would refund my $1500. Ford didn’t so a week later I called and they said they’d look into it. AFter an hour I got a call back saying I could come pick up a check the next day. Picked up the check for $1500 and that was that. According to my account on Ford.com I still have a car ordered with a scheduled production date but I got my deposit back. Maybe my dealer decided to just take delivery of the car I ordered and sell it?
that's what it appears they are doing. Did yours get a build date before cancelling? I had barely ordered it so only one of the boxes on Portal are green one blue and the others white.
Sponsored