Dealer not cancelling my order after I have already purchased an abandoned GB FE.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
To me cancelling order equalled getting my money back. But they refunded me without cancelling.
These two sentences contradict each other. Once you got your deposit back, what exactly did you want them to do?
Sponsored

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
VW (I was debating Mach-E ID.4 for a while) is so simple and mechanical, you click a cancel button, confirm, and the dealer refunds the $500 at any point in the process prior to purchase.

I canceled with my local Ford dealer when he said he would not refund once a VIN was assigned (I was still deciding). Later, when I got my canceled FE GB downstate, I went by to pick up the winter mats. I thought maybe they would say something nice, MME were not here yet. Instead, after I got home, I got a call from sales demanding to know why I bought somewhere else when I had an order with them (long after I had canceled and got my full refund). IMHO, they are so stupid, now I am using another dealer for service farther away, and would almost certainly never go back to, or buy from that original local Ford dealer.

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
A buddy of mine has a Bronco, I think, on order that he wanted to cancel and the dealer cut him a check for 500 on the spot and said they wanted to keep the order in so they could have it on their lot when it comes in. I asked my dealer to cancel and haven't heard a word from him, so I plan to stop by and see what the issue is.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
that's what it appears they are doing. Did yours get a build date before cancelling? I had barely ordered it so only one of the boxes on Portal are green one blue and the others white.
It got a build week the day before I bought this FE.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Once you get your deposit back, hands washed nothing left for you. They are a business. High-demand item yes trying to make money. What if it was the other way around. you ordered something that only might sell 1 a year. Then you cancel it. Now the dealer has it sitting forever and is losing money on it.

I will say this again for the people on the back. As in anything we buy, purchase or lease. It is up to us as adults to confirm the deal in place. If you agree to it then you proceed. You want a mache with no mark-up. Find the right dealer, get it all agreed too then purchase.

People that didn't place an order and want one right now, well you have to work that price out with the dealer as you didn't do as I said above.

Come on we are adults here right?

OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
These two sentences contradict each other. Once you got your deposit back, what exactly did you want them to do?
I thought for me to get my money back the order had to be cancelled in the portal. But since they supposedly are cutting me a check for both the dealer deposit and portal(ford) deposit I don't give a rip if they cancel the order.

OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Once you get your deposit back, hands washed nothing left for you. They are a business. High-demand item yes trying to make money. What if it was the other way around. you ordered something that only might sell 1 a year. Then you cancel it. Now the dealer has it sitting forever and is losing money on it.

I will say this again for the people on the back. As in anything we buy, purchase or lease. It is up to us as adults to confirm the deal in place. If you agree to it then you proceed. You want a mache with no mark-up. Find the right dealer, get it all agreed too then purchase.

People that didn't place an order and want one right now, well you have to work that price out with the dealer as you didn't do as I said above.

Come on we are adults here right?
Yes, and as an adult I am sure you are okay with us doing what is right for ourselves? Including choosing not to do business with companies that choose to gouge their customers. As for the cancelling orders if it were a product that had little chances of selling in a year I am quite confident that my dealer would have had me purchase the car instead of being able to reserve it with only a 500 deposit.

I don't begrudge them for not cancelling the order considering it hasn't even technically been ordered yet. Good on them to build their inventory as I said, more the merrier on the road. In fact I look forward to tracking it in the portal since I didn't wait for all of that like many on the forums have had to do.

And to all of you who have issues with the dealer not cancelling it off of your accounts on ford.com, I won't claim you not to be an adult. I understand that having it still tied to your ford.com account as an active reservation could feel uncomfortable. Me, I am not worried other than my dealer pissing off more customers by insulting them with ADM's.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I don't. I just want my money back. Told him so, when he mentioned the 1k in the check I said oh, okay cool. Then I asked if he was not wanting to cancel it so he can get the inventory and sell with ADM. I am not going to call Ford and insist it drops off my account or anything.

As a F shareholder I want to see many more Mach-e's on the road. More the merrier for me. I just wished the dealer would knock off the ADM's.
I might be the one who would want to do that even as yes an F share holder and wants as many Mach E on the road as possible. Namely because screw dealerships that are doing ADM. Lets that car go to a dealer not wanting to ADM. it will still get on the road and you will have less pissed off people.

OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1 I don't give a care, just wanted my deposits back
2. Of course as a F shareholder I don't want any dealer to put obstacles or any chance to turn off a potential ford customer. And like it or not ADM's turn off customers, you can pretend that it doesn't but you're delusional.
3 absolutely. As would if you got bad service at a business, you would hopefully tell your friends to stay clear of that business.

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Similar situation: Premium ordered online but bought an FE off the lot. My dealer is supposed to be canceling my order (it had not hit production yet) and refund me the $500 but they have not done it yet. I'm a little irritated as I have called and emailed multiple times.

At least this thread reminded me to follow up again...
Just as a followup: I contacted my dealer again and they both canceled the order online and refunded my $500. I wouldn't have cared if they left the order live as long as they refunded me. But in my case they did both.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like our dealer a lot. (Van Horn). I love my Rr4x gray interior a lot.

Because our dealer was so great, my wife reserved an orange Gt.

OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am more interested in how many didn't buy one because of the ADM.
Sponsored