Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
I'll start. In the Los Angeles area I've seen both ends of the spectrum. For the bad I'll be slightly discreet...

There is a pleasant enough dealership in Anaheim that has a great scam going to cover their ADM misadventures. Whenever they have a Mach E to sell on the open market they do double damage by installing god awful wheels and tires on the cars as a dealer installed item you can't opt out of for $5k (they look like $200 wheels) and the put a $10k ADM on top.

Then the dealer in North Hollywood puts up to $20k markups on their Mach E's

I'm not saying this is wrong - goodness knows dealerships can do what they will with these cars, and ADMs aren't entirely unfair given the low inventory dealers have to sell - but I think these are pretty high and should at least be commented on.

Fortunately I'm much happier with my dealership. (Actually the one closest to me should have been my dealer out of convenience, but they said MME production had halted for the year in August and has little knowledge of EVs in general). My dealership, and specifically my sales consultant Neil are very good at Galpin Ford. Its worth the extra drive to Van Nuys.

If you go you can try asking for Neil, but I'm sure he's got his hands full and he doesn't usually take on walk ins as I understand. Neil was formally a sales manager I believe but now handles their VIP sales, and he's been looking out for me and a few friends. Excellent communication, no sketchy car salesman vibe - its as though you have a brother in law working at the top of the dealership looking out for you and keeping you in the loop. I'm glad he took me on even though I'm not even an IP, let alone a VIP.

I'm aware of one situation where he advised an early Mach E customer that he should expect two key fobs as standard, but when Ford fell short on that Neil just reached into his own pocket and paid for another "complimentary" fob because he made a mistake and wanted to do the right thing. He even called me to let me know that he was going to take a vacation but wanted to check in to see if I had any questions first, and what to do if I had any questions while he was gone.

I'm happy with the dealership too - they do sometimes charge ADM on non ordered vehicles but they aren't pushy about it and they are far less, $2500 to $5000 on non customer ordered cars from what I have experienced. They also told me about the Options plan and explained how it could work to my advantage on my first visit. My first good Galpin experience was 18 years ago buying a minivan and they did right by me then and since.

When I put in the reservation for my F150 Lightning everything was very clear with how things would work, and then while other dealers were calling reservation holders to ask for an agreement to a $30k ADM at delivery, Neil called me and thanked me for my business and simply told me I was a valued customer and they were putting me on the priority list going to Ford - no extortion - no threats or games. Mutual respect.

Nobody is going to give you $10k off on a Mach E. There is very little that any dealer can do to help you get your order faster. What they can do is be fair, clear, and proactive. If you want that I can endorse Galpin Motors in LA and Neil Stone. I introduced him to two friends that wanted Mach Es as well and they are having good experiences too.

If you want Free, call Santa. Want a car the next day, call Fedex. Otherwise you should probably call Galpin.

Anybody else?

Last edited:

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I'm aware of one situation where he advised an early Mach E customer that he should expect two key fobs as standard, but when Ford fell short on that Neil just reached into his own pocket and paid for another "complimentary" fob because he made a mistake and wanted to do the right thing. He even called me to let me know that he was going to take a vacation but wanted to check in to see if I had any questions first, and what to do if I had any questions while he was gone.
Hey man, what gives? We come to this thread to read horrendous examples that'll make us feel better about our middling to poor dealership experiences, and here you come in and write about this amazing experience that would totally make people line up to defend the existence of dealerships if it were commonplace!

Just kidding (sort of - now I feel envious and wish that what you described were my dealership experience). I'm glad you had a good experience, and I hope others in your area can use the advice to have a similarly good experience.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
Hey man, what gives? We come to this thread to read horrendous examples that'll make us feel better about our middling to poor dealership experiences, and here you come in and write about this amazing experience that would totally make people line up to defend the existence of dealerships if it were commonplace!

Just kidding (sort of - now I feel envious and wish that what you described were my dealership experience). I'm glad you had a good experience, and I hope others in your area can use the advice to have a similarly good experience.
It did say positive experiences too!

nhammerschmidt

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4
Country flag
Sarchione Ford Lincoln in Alliance, OH. Amedeo has been AWESOME. I reserved a Mach-E and a Lightning from them. They have kept me informed at every step and have been very upfront with pricing. They do not charge ADM on orders, they may charge ADM on in-stock units. The experience here is quite fun. There is no "manager" that the sales associates have to talk to. They work the deal from start to finish. They work the numbers in front of you in an open and transparent way. You can even participate as they are more than happy to turn the computer screen towards you so that you can see everything they are doing. I have bought other vehicles from this group in the past and they ALWAYS make it a world class experience.

OP
OP

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CRT1 AWD (Ordered), 21 MME SR Select
Country flag
Forum user @smalas is asking for assistance with what sounds like a really messed up situation with a dealership in Wheaton, MD.
Sponsored