Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Mustang Shelby, 20 Escape, 21 Mach E
Occupation
Crisis Intervention
Country flag
think the dealerships are asked to perform a recall they aren’t fully trained to do.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My order is sitting at my dealer with the roof off. Said it was going to take a week or 2. I think I’m getting the run around. Ordered just over a year ago. Arrived at dealer and has been there since September due to open recall. Any idea how long your dealer plans to take?
Huh, the recall notes that the roof is to be cleaned, inspected, and sealant added where needed. It doesn't indicate that the roof is to be removed. Not sure that your dealer has read the recall notice completely, but not much can be done any more since the roof is already removed. ??‍♂?

peppercase

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Production Manager
Country flag
Huh, the recall notes that the roof is to be cleaned, inspected, and sealant added where needed. It doesn't indicate that the roof is to be removed. Not sure that your dealer has read the recall notice completely, but not much can be done any more since the roof is already removed. ??‍♂?
Removal isn’t needed. The directions are clear.
Actually it’s not that clear. My recall states to apply additional urethane adhesive using standard service procedures. I bet if adhesive is skipped more than a certain length, the standard service procedure may state to remove and reapply. That’s what I would prefer anyway. I’m not sure why they did what they did. The dealership I chose is absolutely horrible.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Actually it’s not that clear. My recall states to apply additional urethane adhesive using standard service procedures. I bet if adhesive is skipped more than a certain length, the standard service procedure may state to remove and reapply. That’s what I would prefer anyway. I’m not sure why they did what they did. The dealership I chose is absolutely horrible.
Name names please

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Holly cow. Not sure I want this done to my MME. I'll probably wait until I sell or give it back to Ford (Options).
I still am baffled at the concern some have with this. It is really very simple. Remove headliner, stuff some foam in the crevice and then pump it with some more sealant. This is roughly equivalent to removing the seats, lifting up the carpet, apply some tape and then put it back together.

Any technician with a high school English language course and some basic hand tools can do this.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I still am baffled at the concern some have with this. It is really very simple. Remove headliner, stuff some foam in the crevice and then pump it with some more sealant. This is roughly equivalent to removing the seats, lifting up the carpet, apply some tape and then put it back together.

Any technician with a high school English language course and some basic hand tools can do this.
Those directions don't look that simple. Either way I'll pass for now. For a few software updates and the brake pulsating TSB the dealer had my car for five days over two visits. Caliper bolts took awhile to come in to. Shipping is a nightmare right now. I'm not going to be without my car for weeks if something gets screwed up. Even though I don't get out much. lol

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Those directions don't look that simple. Either way I'll pass for now. For a few software updates and the brake pulsating TSB the dealer had my car for five days over two visits. Caliper bolts took awhile to come in to. Shipping is a nightmare right now. I'm not going to be without my car for weeks if something gets screwed up. Even though I don't get out much. lol
Same reason I haven't taken my car in. It has 4 recalls listed and then a few updates. I don't have time for either of those things and my car doesn't need any of that work anyway. I need my car every day so if isn't broke then it doesn't need fixing. :)
Sponsored