JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Just a thought, if you have no wind noise, why do the recall? I would only let Safelite remove and replace windshield. Which is probably the vendor they will use. Dealerships usually outsource windshield work.
My recall was on my Chrysler Pacifica, and not about windshields at all. The OP was doing the windshield recall and, as I understand it, that one is less about wind noise and more about the risk of the windshield separating from the car. {Jonathan}
Sponsored

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
I asked the dealer where I bought my car from, they aren't allowed to do the recall because they don't have a body shop that is attached to them that can handle glass work.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I have my recall work scheduled for this Friday. Called to confirm they were ready to do work and they said yes. I'll pick up the following Monday so we'll see how it goes. They do have a specialty company doing the work by the way.

JGuske23

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD extended range
Occupation
Market manager
Country flag
I talk to my local dealership last week and he said they are waiting for more information on the recall so can not setup a time yet to do it. (I bought my Mach E from another city but they did not have an issue with that, just that Ford had not told them how to do the fix yet)

Same thing here, they were awaiting the next steps from Ford. We had more information in our Ford pass app than they had in their service notes on the recall as of last week

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just a thought, if you have no wind noise, why do the recall? I would only let Safelite remove and replace windshield. Which is probably the vendor they will use. Dealerships usually outsource windshield work.
Because these recalls are not for wind noise but for the fact that the roof and the windshield didn't use the correct amount of adhesive to secure the roof and windshield to the car.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I have never with any car company had a dealer refuse to perform a factory recall, but now that I have purchased a Ford, I have. Ford has issued two recalls concerning the seal of the roof glass and the windshield on my Mach-E. I contacted the closest dealer, Watertown Ford in Massachusetts, and was unequivocally told they would only perform the service if the car was bought from them. Since mine was purchased elsewhere, they would not perform the recall. One of the major pluses of dealing with a reputable nationwide company is not to have this kind of treatment. Any ideas?
Perhaps they are not EV certified so can't work on the Mach E.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
The great irony for me is that I purchased the MME instead of considering a Tesla because I had more faith in the build quality and dealership/service network of Ford. D'oh!

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I have my recall work scheduled for this Friday. Called to confirm they were ready to do work and they said yes. I'll pick up the following Monday so we'll see how it goes. They do have a specialty company doing the work by the way.
I hope they actually are ready, they must have gotten news today at some point. I know as of yesterday my dealer hadn’t gotten any updated info from Ford.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Just a thought, if you have no wind noise, why do the recall?
Mainly because if the roof or windshield ever came off and injured someone, you could be liable because you knew about the recall and did not get it fixed.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I have never with any car company had a dealer refuse to perform a factory recall, but now that I have purchased a Ford, I have. Ford has issued two recalls concerning the seal of the roof glass and the windshield on my Mach-E. I contacted the closest dealer, Watertown Ford in Massachusetts, and was unequivocally told they would only perform the service if the car was bought from them. Since mine was purchased elsewhere, they would not perform the recall. One of the major pluses of dealing with a reputable nationwide company is not to have this kind of treatment. Any ideas?
Ford Motor haunts these forums. Perhaps @Ford Motor Company will reach out to you to get this resolved.

Also, try emailing the Customer Experience people at Ford headquarters. Their email addresses can be found here: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/ford/

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
This is kind of a weird one because the dealer's will probably make more on warranty claims than the sale. Also, with the demand on these, what are we supposed to do if another dealer has one on the lot? It's not like dealer lots are overflowing.

I guess some old school genius in the service department might pull something like this but I can't imagine it to day.

FWIW, I've ordered from 45 miles away, will probably service it locally, so I guess we'll see what, if anything, happens with mine when it gets here, someday...

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER / AWD Built 12/21
Country flag
Wow interesting, I have an order with them and haven't been very impressed with them I don't get any updates from them whatsoever. I see a change in my order status online and they will confirm if I e-mail them.

I will say that in the past their service has been ok, it is very surprising that they aren't doing it as it is a massive stand alone service center. I picked them as my dealer as I can walk to their service center if I had to. I hope you get it sorted out. Keep us posted!

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
The great irony for me is that I purchased the MME instead of considering a Tesla because I had more faith in the build quality and dealership/service network of Ford. D'oh!
I'm thinking the chances of your roof flying off are incredibly low, however, the liability cost, read lawsuit, to a manufacturer if it does happen far exceed the cost to R&R a glass roof seal. It's basically a horizontal windshield repair. I'm not doing ours until the dealer or their subcontractor has done a few.

Omar

First Name
OMAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Military
Country flag
When did you try to do your recall? If was before November 15 they couldn’t do the repairs. Here is the letter I got from ford so call them first and see if the got the parts.
Ford Mustang Mach-E dealer refusal to perform recall service 53E361E9-1E8C-47AB-A16C-C6BF78855152

Neilthepilot

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 MME Premium, Ram 1500, Wrangler, FR3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I know with Chrysler in the old days warranty work could only be performed at the dealer that you purchased your car from unless you were over 50 miles away from that dealer.
Sponsored