Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That doesn't make any sense. Dealers do have the right to refuse to work on a vehicle but that is weird. For the glass recall they will outsource too so that makes absolutely no sense at all unless they just won't do glass work.

Just use another dealer. Dealers suck for most mainstream brands unfortunately. If you can find a good one hold onto it.

The recall for the roof and windshield doesnā€™t call for replacement of either but a simple reseal of the glass.
Sponsored

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I asked the dealer where I bought my car from, they aren't allowed to do the recall because they don't have a body shop that is attached to them that can handle glass work.
The recall (after 11/15) as I understand does not involve replacement of either the roof or windshield. They will be resealed.

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sounds like they don't want the liability of lifting and breaking the 200lb+ roof glass. My dealership in Salem/NH recommended waiting a bit before doing the recall because of risk of breaking and shortage of supply in case it does. My car could be out of commission for a few weeks until a replacement is available.
Not sure if he is just trying to scare me and convince not to do it now, but either way. I guess I can wait until winter is over and a can enjoy a possible convertible MME in the summer.
Smart dealer.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My dealer says 9 times out of 10 the glass will break when removing the windshield and is ordering a new one. This is done by a 3rd party like most others. They donā€™t have a body shop and said I have to take it somewhere else for the pano.:( I donā€™t even have wind noise.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have never with any car company had a dealer refuse to perform a factory recall, but now that I have purchased a Ford, I have. Ford has issued two recalls concerning the seal of the roof glass and the windshield on my Mach-E. I contacted the closest dealer, Watertown Ford in Massachusetts, and was unequivocally told they would only perform the service if the car was bought from them. Since mine was purchased elsewhere, they would not perform the recall. One of the major pluses of dealing with a reputable nationwide company is not to have this kind of treatment. Any ideas?
Hello! Send us a private message with your Mach-Eā€™s VIN and current mileage. Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So what if you moved from somewhere else? Lol, that will be my excuse if a local dealer complains I didn't buy the vehicle from them, which I did not because they didn't have any in stock!

Bstronger

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Stinger
Occupation
Philanthropist
Country flag
So what if you moved from somewhere else? Lol, that will be my excuse if a local dealer complains I didn't buy the vehicle from them, which I did not because they didn't have any in stock!

Bstronger

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Stinger
Occupation
Philanthropist
Country flag
Ford needs to quickly contract with a Nationwide Windshield replacement service to expeditiously do this in 50 States. They already have a PR disaster on their hands:
1. Dealers will not or can not reattach glass.
2. MME owners are afraid to go on trips for fear of disaster.
3. Sometime, Somewhere a glass roof will blow off and injure or kill someone.
4. This history will be closely examined in Court and by a few Federal Agencies.
The finding: Gross Negligence. Their attorneys and CEO must be ignorant of this absurd Situation

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I have my recall work scheduled for this Friday. Called to confirm they were ready to do work and they said yes. I'll pick up the following Monday so we'll see how it goes. They do have a specialty company doing the work by the way.
Update: dropped car off last Friday after calling earlier in the week confirming they were ready for car. Get call on Saturday stating they never made an appointment with glass company and parts wonā€™t be available till 12/16. Got to love domestic service

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I called a local dealer today. They said they donā€™t have the parts. Call back in a while - not specified as to how big of a while.

dal

First Name
DAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Hello! Send us a private message with your Mach-Eā€™s VIN and current mileage. Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

I am having this same issue. The dealer I purchased by car from has given me the run around, others I've called said go back to the dealer I purchased from. Is this for real. Can't be serious. Needs better system for handling these recalls.

Ian K

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Focus Electric
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
As an early adopter of Ford EVs, I would love to share stories about the torque, handling, and overall experience I had with my Ford Focus Electric. Unfortunately, when the car started getting "Stop safely now" messages and sudden loss of power on the highway (I mean it suddenly just dies at 65 mph!), and I brought it in to a local dealership, I discovered there was a recall related to the control module. The car has just 72,000 miles, but Ford has refused to perform the recall (NHTSA Action PE13031) to make the vehicle safe to drive. I hope Ford steps up, shows integrity, and performs the required recall. Until such time, my experience suggests regarding Ford EVs, buyer beware.

peppercase

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Production Manager
Country flag
Just dropped mine off today for my issue with the panoramic glass roof. I was experiencing creaking noise coming from the rear of the roof, dealership attributed the problem to part the recall and advised me they'd be ordering a new roof. Found that interesting as the recall notice only mentioned resealing (not replacing) the roof.
My order is sitting at my dealer with the roof off. Said it was going to take a week or 2. I think Iā€™m getting the run around. Ordered just over a year ago. Arrived at dealer and has been there since September due to open recall. Any idea how long your dealer plans to take?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My order is sitting at my dealer with the roof off. Said it was going to take a week or 2. I think Iā€™m getting the run around. Ordered just over a year ago. Arrived at dealer and has been there since September due to open recall. Any idea how long your dealer plans to take?
Why did they take the roof off?
Sponsored