Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
I’ve been waiting for my repair to be done since August 8 when I dropped the car off at the dealer. I’m on day 17 and today I JUST find out my part is on backorder with no ETA.

I opened a case with Corporate on the 8th after dropping it off. When I found out about the backorder, I immediately sent my rep an email and he called the dealership to authorize an emergency order for it. I feel like the rep is taking good care of the situation so I’m not going to go into details about it at the moment since it is still unknown when the part will arrive.

So while I wait, I was curious if anyone wanted to share their story about how long they had to wait for their Mach-E to be fixed after dropping it off. What problem did you have and what was your wait time?
Sponsored

titan2220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD SR
Country flag
I dropped my 21 SR AWD off on January 16th or so. Needed new HVBJB (although I could drive, never got SFN message, I just couldn't DCFC)

I was promised 2 weeks or so. The dealer put me in a loaner F150.
I got the vehicle back on or about March 20th.

From what I can tell, it sat for entire month of February. I never knew why there was such a delay, aside from the "covid" excuse. Ford CSR the entire way. Assisted however they could...

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
20 days for the windshield and roof recall. They didn't break any glass/need to order replacements... just took 20 days to do the recall. They damaged the rear painted area of my roof, and it is back in at the body shop to be repaired today.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I’ve been waiting for my repair to be done since August 8 when I dropped the car off at the dealer. I’m on day 17 and today I JUST find out my part is on backorder with no ETA.

I opened a case with Corporate on the 8th after dropping it off. When I found out about the backorder, I immediately sent my rep an email and he called the dealership to authorize an emergency order for it. I feel like the rep is taking good care of the situation so I’m not going to go into details about it at the moment since it is still unknown when the part will arrive.

So while I wait, I was curious if anyone wanted to share their story about how long they had to wait for their Mach-E to be fixed after dropping it off. What problem did you have and what was your wait time?
What part are they waiting on?

OP
OP
bncwhite

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
Oil pump. Seriously! 🤔

It is the coolant pump on the front motor. I received the text this morning that the oil pump was on backorder. I called and talked to the rep to make sure she didn't confuse my car with someone else's. She saw the humor as well. She pulled up the part in the computer and it is called an oil pump, not a coolant pump. (LJ9Z7P086A - oil pump assembly)

Tvxkl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
So it depends on when the part will arrive :eek:

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
My car is at the dealer for HVBJB, it has been there since July 29th. Parts came within about a week of it being there. They said they replaced my HVBJB once and it threw the same codes - although I was not convinced they actually did the work. I got a call yesterday from the service dept that their EV tech just quit and they could no longer service my car because they weren’t EV certified anymore so they had to move my car to another dealer, who was backed up and I would be waiting at least another week (or more) for my car to get finished up.

I also have a case opened with Ford from day one and they have been helpful. I’m not convinced my original service dept had an EV tech to begin with, I think they were probably just selling lightnings/Mach-e’s while they could get away with it!

Cyril FP

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E AWD
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have had my 2021 MME AWD at the dealer since October 10th for an Oil Pump Assembly which is on backorder. I also called corporate (800) 392-3673) to open a case. My rep has been fantastic with call backs and text updates. Impressed with the customer service end of things, but really worried about the car sitting on the dealer lot for weeks. FyI, the alert I received on my FordPass app for this issue was Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power. Cooling fan would not stop running while car was powered up.

Last edited:

BudC

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Select RWD Star White Metallic
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not a Mach-E story (I'm waiting on mine to be delivered), but my Chevy Volt was at the dealer for 3 months waiting on a part. Fortunately, GM is paying for my rental.

I know waiting sucks, but Mach-E owners aren't the only ones having long repair times. Misery loves company, I guess :)
Sponsored