Dealer Said....."Front License Plates Installed at the Dealership"- True or False?

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
Just got off the phone with my dealership and they told me the front license plate is something they would install. Would the Mach E be any different then any other Ford vehicles in this regard?
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
In California, if you donā€™t want it, Iā€™ve seen dealerships make you sign a document that says something along the lines of ā€˜state law requires the front license plate, you told us not to put it on, itā€™s your responsibility to do it yourself, you canā€™t sue usā€™.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just got off the phone with my dealership and they told me the front license plate is something they would install. Would the Mach E be any different then any other Ford vehicles in this regard?
All cars going to front license states get the bracket. In the case of Mustangs, including Mach E I know it arrives unattached. My dealership and another MD dealer Iā€™ve spoken with have a rule that they donā€™t install them on Mustangs or special order vehicles unless the customer wants it installed.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
In California, if you donā€™t want it, Iā€™ve seen dealerships make you sign a document that says something along the lines of ā€˜state law requires the front license plate, you told us not to put it on, itā€™s your responsibility to do it yourself, you canā€™t sue usā€™.
Same here in CT.

OP
OP

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
In a previous thread someone mentioned they were installed at the plant. In Kansas we do not require one and would prefer not having one.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
In a previous thread someone mentioned they were installed at the plant. In Kansas we do not require one and would prefer not having one.
If your state does not require one, then your car should not be shipped with the bracket. It will show up as a line item on your window sticker if one is included with your car. There are some states where they ship them even if it's not required, so if you see it on your window sticker make sure to say something to your dealer.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If your state does not require one, then your car should not be shipped with the bracket. It will show up as a line item on your window sticker if one is included with your car. There are some states where they ship them even if it's not required, so if you see it on your window sticker make sure to say something to your dealer.
Mach E order guide page 13
"FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET ............................... 153
Standard in states requiring two license plates and optional to all others."

Attachments

OP
OP

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
Mach E order guide page 13
"FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET ............................... 153
Standard in states requiring two license plates and optional to all others."

OP
OP

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
Sounds like it will come in a box and attached by the dealer. Thanks everyone for information. Nice to have a resource like this.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
These old threads are coming back to haunt me. :rolleyes:

Sadly, we only found out when it was too late to protect Marlin and the rest. I never received a response from Ford on twitter, but it really seems like something they could have easily answered months ago. Some dealers have even tried to delete them from the order and they reappear on stickers, so we don't even know yet if that will work.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I live in CA. My dealer just got another Mach E in this past hour. My salesperson called to tell me, as with the other 3 they have gotten in, this one also came with the front license plate bracket installed. She said they have never had any vehicle come in with a front bracket already installed expect for the Mach E.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I live in CA. My dealer just got another Mach E in this past hour. My salesperson called to tell me, as with the other 3 they have gotten in, this one also came with the front license plate bracket installed. She said they have never had any vehicle come in with a front bracket already installed expect for the Mach E.
Ford is leaving no stone unturned, they want it done right from the factory.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Ford is leaving no stone unturned, they want it done right from the factory.
Ford had better better start turning over more stones as they have missed a few and not install the bracket for cars in CA like they have done in the past and leave it in the trunk for the dealer, as we have other other legal options in CA https://licenseplatewrap.com/ that mean we don't have to ruin our front bumpers drilling holes I certainty do not want ford installing a front plate holder that we do not require when using alternatives as that is getting into deal breaker territory.
Sponsored