Dealer Said....."Front License Plates Installed at the Dealership"- True or False?

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I have decided to use the factory front bracket now that I have PPF in place. It appears that I need a special tool to put the plastic rivets in?
POM rivet tool (or a 1/4" rivet tool)... Annoying, I had to go buy one at Harbor Freight.
Sponsored

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
They changed the dealership plate laws in CA, I don't believe you can do this anymore. This was prior to the dealerships actually having to print out DMV temp paper plates and placing them on the cars.
Not allowed. Window sticker has it on there despite at order time opting out of plates.

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
I would strongly recommend you order the black plates from the DMV (the 1960s legacy plates).
I remember filling out a DMV form at the dealer, but I don't remember there being a plate style choice. I assume I'm just going to get whatever the default currently is. I would prefer the black ones, as I think they would look pretty good on Dark Matter Gray.

Also, my dealer didn't install the front bracket. I asked them not to (I'm going to get a decal), but they said they weren't going to do it anyway.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
POM rivet tool (or a 1/4" rivet tool)... Annoying, I had to go buy one at Harbor Freight.
Thank you! My dealer said they can put on the bracket if I can get there before 3:00pm M-F, but easier said than done, so I may be stopping by harbor freight.

Mjtee2

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Premium; Rapid Red First Edition
Country flag
Unfortunately, front bracket installed at factory despite request to dealer. With bumper plugs, hardly noticeable. Not ideal but it works. . .

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I remember filling out a DMV form at the dealer, but I don't remember there being a plate style choice. I assume I'm just going to get whatever the default currently is. I would prefer the black ones, as I think they would look pretty good on Dark Matter Gray.

Also, my dealer didn't install the front bracket. I asked them not to (I'm going to get a decal), but they said they weren't going to do it anyway.
The 1960s style plate is only available if you get a custom plate. It is not available with the normal numeric series. ??

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag

I believe you can do it online to (or download the PDF and mail it off if you prefer). See link.

You want to click on “Order sequential plates” if you don’t care about the plate number and just want the black plates, or choose “Order personalized plates” if you also want to choose what your license plate will read.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The 1960s style plate is only available if you get a custom plate. It is not available with the normal numeric series. ??
You actually do not need to get a custom plate in order to get the black plates. I did not - you just choose “Order sequential plates” - see link.

They charge you more if you want the black plates AND a personalized number.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Just don't expect to get them anytime soon, at lest the custom ones!! I've been waiting MONTHS for mine to arrive, still no word.

• Wow
Reactions: ARK

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Mine was shipped without and then they installed it despite me asking them not to. They said by law they have to in California. No option with a note.

Honestly, any car gotten without ADM it seems we have no say. Can't walk away realistically but they hope and so they toe the legal line. My ICE Mustange had options to remove license plate as it was mounted underneath. Not this MME. I was going to get the license wrap. Shucks.
Remove the bracket and install dome plugs. There are companies that make color matched, or you can do your own. Barely noticeable.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag

I asked and they did it anyway. I figured they did everything they could as an irritant to make me walk and they would sell it to someone else for $5K addons.
Sponsored