Dealer said they don't have the deposit

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Even after showing them my credit card statement, which has their name on the list item, they said that could be Ford charging with their name. I've already purchased the car without having the deposit applied towards the total, and they said they'll "look into it", and that "either Ford or we will refund it."
I'm being nice and don't want to think that they'd just "steal" my deposit, but is there a good way to go about getting it back?

As of right now, I'm thinking to just wait a day or two and bother them a few times. Would calling Ford even result in anything? If so, which number?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Pick up the phone and call Ford.

The dealership has your money. I wouldn't have signed for the car without resolving this.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Even after showing them my credit card statement, which has their name on the list item, they said that could be Ford charging with their name. I've already purchased the car without having the deposit applied towards the total, and they said they'll "look into it", and that "either Ford or we will refund it."
I'm being nice and don't want to think that they'd just "steal" my deposit, but is there a good way to go about getting it back?

As of right now, I'm thinking to just wait a day or two and bother them a few times. Would calling Ford even result in anything? If so, which number?
Ford Motor Company does not collect funds in the dealer's name. If the card statement shows the dealers name then the money went to the dealership.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Most definitely don't buy a car without resolving this... I'd get back into the dealer asap and talk to the Sales Manager, Finance guy or GM and not leave without a full refund. That's complete bs.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag

this is ridiculous, and all on the dealer. If you ordered online, your deposit was credited directly to the dealer. This isn't a ford problem this is a dealer problem

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Most definitely don't buy a car without resolving this... I'd get back into the dealer asap and talk to the Sales Manager, Finance guy or GM and not leave without a full refund. That's complete bs.
Probably want to reread the original post...

I've already purchased the car without having the deposit applied towards the total

JB20

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Country flag
Most credit cards will only do a chargeback up to 120 days. Ford and the dealer need to solve the problem.

fokkerlit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Country flag
If it's too late for a charge back there is always small claims court too.

OP
OP
physib

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I don't believe Discover has a strict chargeback limit, but I would only do that as a last resort. I'll talk to the person I spoke with first, then GM, then I guess we'll see what's up.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I don't believe Discover has a strict chargeback limit, but I would only do that as a last resort. I'll talk to the person I spoke with first, then GM, then I guess we'll see what's up.
If you can request a chargeback then do it, no reason to wait for the dealership. I would also submit a claim to BBB, and if the dealership is owned by a larger company I would submit complaint there too. The more fire you can kindle under their feet the faster they start moving.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you got the vehicle yesterday, I would call them Monday morning and ask for the deposit to be credited immediately. Tell them they've had 3 business days to resolve the matter.
Sponsored