Dealer said they installed 2.8.3 but my car says 2.7.4 still, but have BC? I'm confused.

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
I have a job one car. I had the dealer install 21p22, the recall, and blue cruise. My blue cruise works and is active now, but when I click on update in my car it still says 2.7.4. This is what the widget says. So what is going on? How do I have blue cruise without a successful 2.8.3? When I put my vin into etis, it says nothing to update. Can anyone explain?

Screenshot_20220730-101709_Ford Status Widget.jpg
Sponsored

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
i still don't know how to see what software i have in my car

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
My 2 cents: dealers can do the individual module updates to enable BC and do not have to complete the whole powerup cycle. of 2.8.x .

So to enable BC it is: OTA 2.8.x cycle OR individual module updates by dealer. How (if/when) you will get the other updates related to powerup 2.8.x is a mystery...

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
Mine shows in the status widget app. And it shows if I go to setting on the car, update, and shows the last one.
thanks, i appreciate it. i'll check that out. i'm set for automatic updates, and in the settings it just always says "up to date" but never a version number.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thanks, i appreciate it. i'll check that out. i'm set for automatic updates, and in the settings it just always says "up to date" but never a version number.
Mine did that until about 2.7.1 or 2.7.2 then it started to show the version.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 2 cents: dealers can do the individual module updates to enable BC and do not have to complete the whole powerup cycle. of 2.8.x .

So to enable BC it is: OTA 2.8.x cycle OR individual module updates by dealer. How (if/when) you will get the other updates related to powerup 2.8.x is a mystery...
Great. I hope you are right and my OTA will still work.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Only OTA updates are reflected in the Sync System Update screen. FDRS applied updates do not get displayed in the car or clear the System Update status in the car, widget, or web dashboard. Just the way it is.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Only OTA updates are reflected in the Sync System Update screen. FDRS applied updates do not get displayed in the car or clear the System Update status in the car, widget, or web dashboard. Just the way it is.
Thanks!!! Good to know. I hope it will try again soon to install.
Sponsored