too soon...
Sponsored

Franchise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Outlander GT PHEV, 2021 e-tron premium plus
Country flag
just received an email from my dealer about future timeline for test driving, that's what he wrote:

we should have the demo unit in late November or early December.
The demo unit was built on 10/28 and we are just waiting for it to ship.
Norm Reeves in Cerritos has 1 for a test drive between 1-7p on 11/12. Have my slot reserved to drive it. No idea which trim level.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Norm Reeves in Cerritos has 1 for a test drive between 1-7p on 11/12. Have my slot reserved to drive it. No idea which trim level.
There's zero chance of you driving it; you will be in the passenger seat for a ride-along not a test drive.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
There's zero chance of you driving it; you will be in the passenger seat for a ride-along not a test drive.
If their are doing Test Drives I think policy because of the Pandemic is no salesman can be in the vehicle with you as you are not family and the social distancing. My guess is they will give you a run down on the vehicle then give you the access pin or key fob or card to drive the vehicle for 15 minutes maybe 20 minutes then you will have to bring it back.

I know right now when my mother inlaw went to get a new car she had 30 minutes to test drive the vehicle before returning it. But since this is a high demand vehicle I would say they will give you about 15 minutes to drive around get the feel of the MAch-E then return it?

PS I love this new car buying experience with this Pandemic why couldn't buying cars be this simple before lol. Then maybe we wouldn't hate buying cars so much.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If their are doing Test Drives I think policy because of the Pandemic is no salesman can be in the vehicle with you as you are not family and the social distancing. My guess is they will give you a run down on the vehicle then give you the access pin or key fob or card to drive the vehicle for 15 minutes maybe 20 minutes then you will have to bring it back.

I know right now when my mother inlaw went to get a new car she had 30 minutes to test drive the vehicle before returning it. But since this is a high demand vehicle I would say they will give you about 15 minutes to drive around get the feel of the MAch-E then return it?

PS I love this new car buying experience with this Pandemic why couldn't buying cars be this simple before lol. Then maybe we wouldn't hate buying cars so much.
Seriously doubt the public will be allowed to drive a pre-production vehicle due to legal exposure. Ford's insurance policy almost certainly forbids it. At least that is what I would expect.

FCTP or stock cars.....totally different story. Those are owned by the dealerships and they have insurance for such purposes.

My $0.02....

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

A production car, of course you can test drive. The cars that Ford is showing are preproduction - an entirely different thing altogether because of this:

Seriously doubt the public will be allowed to drive a pre-production vehicle due to legal exposure. Ford's insurance policy almost certainly forbids it. At least that is what I would expect.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
and yes I left the easter egg from Airplane in there intentionally

Franchise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Outlander GT PHEV, 2021 e-tron premium plus
Country flag
The above post prompted me to reconfirm - and they have confirmed that I am booked for an actual test drive and not a ride-along.

They did say they don’t have details on trim level, standard v extended battery, or rwd v awd.
C1F05993-C271-4C8D-9AB9-97B4264B1BC8.png

OP
OP
supertramp

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
The above post prompted me to reconfirm - and they have confirmed that I am booked for an actual test drive and not a ride-along.

They did say they don’t have details on trim level, standard v extended battery, or rwd v awd.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dealer says Mach-E test drive demo unit arrives late November - early December C1F05993-C271-4C8D-9AB9-97B4264B1BC8
They might've got the demo vehicle then?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
That's a shame, they normally renew for a different amount each year. One year it was $500 I believe, the next time we received $800.

That sucks!!