chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My BS alarm is going off, maybe yours will too…

Stopped by the dealership today to finalize numbers, since our MME is scheduled for production this week. Main agenda item was to get a trade-in value on my wife’s Escape, since we intend to pay cash plus trade-in for the MME. The trade-in offer was not as high as we hoped (no surprise), and I asked what the actual price of the MME would be.

Short flashback — We bought a 2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost in February from this same dealer, and the sale price was the invoice amount. Our salesman said, “We sell all our vehicles for invoice.” Period. No haggling.

When I asked this same salesman what the invoice price would be for the MME, his response was, “There is no invoice for a MME or a Maverick. Ford tells us we have to sell them for sticker.” I responded that there had to be an invoice, because that is the amount the dealer pays Ford for the car. He repeated the same quote as above, and added, “On most vehicles yes, but these are different for some reason. It’s just the way they’re sold, and that from Ford, not us. My manager doesn’t even know how we’re getting paid from Ford.”

Now, I have seen many posts on this forum describing how dealers are selling MMEs at prices of their choosing, nobody has said anything about Ford setting sale price. This is why the place you buy a car is called a “dealership” The sales guy did say they don’t add ADM to sticker. But then again, he lied to me about selling only for invoice.

Not sure what we are going to do. Right now both of us are about 60% ready to cancel.
this is what I've heard all along as well. I suspect they're offering sweeteners on the back end to the dealers. At this stage of the game it's probably a moot point and almost no chance of getting a discount other than x plan.
Sponsored

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My X plan sales contract is below MSRP, not by much, $800, but also no added BS fees.
yeah, the capped at less than $100 doc fee also is a big savings. I believe my dealer normally charges 400-500., I paid $75.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Couple ways to get X plan. Lots of employers that do business with Ford allows employees and retirees X plan (IBM, for instance but others as well) You can also join the Mustang Club, there is a wait time on joining and ordering with the club
90 days wait, so easiest is to j join when you order and your 90 days will be up long before the car arrives. The other plus is you can generate the PIN within minutes of joining MCA ('it's good for a year).

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
90 days wait, so easiest is to j join when you order and your 90 days will be up long before the car arrives. The other plus is you can generate the PIN within minutes of joining MCA ('it's good for a year).
Well, looks like we will be joining MCA. Thanks for the tip.

Any idea where I can get info on X Plan?

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks. Only 0.4% off invoice? Which, for an MME, is MSRP. Whoop.
don't forget the capped doc fee which is capped at less than $100. This is an item a lot of dealers charge 400-500 for. But my thought on xplan, in an environment where people are paying over msrp, ANY discount is a plus.

Bill S

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Prem ER eAWD, 18 Tesla M3, 64 Falcon Sprint
Country flag
We intended to do cash plus trade in but the dealers trade in offer was way too low. On top of that we asked for an out the door price but none was given! Ended up selling my Wife’s car for $5k more than the offer and bought car from another dealer for MSRP and No ADM! Their loss on both deals!!
Nice score for you. May I ask which dealership you finally purchased from? I am hunting a Premium ER aWD and can't find a dealership that will work with me on anything incoming. And I want to go on order. Tried hard to buy your cancellation. The sales guy there is a best friend too.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Stopped by the dealership today to finalize numbers, since our MME is scheduled for production this week. Main agenda item was to get a trade-in value on my wife’s Escape, since we intend to pay cash plus trade-in for the MME. The trade-in offer was not as high as we hoped (no surprise), and I asked what the actual price of the MME would be.

Short flashback — We bought a 2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost in February from this same dealer, and the sale price was the invoice amount. Our salesman said, “We sell all our vehicles for invoice.” Period. No haggling.

When I asked this same salesman what the invoice price would be for the MME, his response was, “There is no invoice for a MME or a Maverick. Ford tells us we have to sell them for sticker.” I responded that there had to be an invoice, because that is the amount the dealer pays Ford for the car. He repeated the same quote as above, and added, “On most vehicles yes, but these are different for some reason. It’s just the way they’re sold, and that from Ford, not us. My manager doesn’t even know how we’re getting paid from Ford.”

Now, I have seen many posts on this forum describing how dealers are selling MMEs at prices of their choosing, nobody has said anything about Ford setting sale price. This is why the place you buy a car is called a “dealership” The sales guy did say they don’t add ADM to sticker. But then again, he lied to me about selling only for invoice.

Not sure what we are going to do. Right now both of us are about 60% ready to cancel.
There IS an invoice for every vehicle manufactured by Ford motor company for retail sale. Your dealer is full of organic lawn fertilizer.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
You can get X-plan pricing by owning Ford stock, although I've looked at the sign up instructions and it seems to only address employees.
Anyone with 100 or more shares held for at least 6 months is eligible for X Plan. That's how I got my X Plan pin. Here's the link to the form https://s23.q4cdn.com/799033206/files/doc_downloads/Ford-Shareholder-Application-11-5-20.pdf

That fastest way to submit the form is through email. Email the form along with proof of shares. They usually respond within a couple days. If they don't, just send them another email.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag

I'll be the millionth person to say this but the dealer is right in this instance. The MSRP = invoice. The only way to get it below MSRP is with any of the Ford employee pricing plans (A/Z/D/X). You'll get a small % off along with capped fees.

Depending on where you live, Ford is also offering a $2500 rebate if you use Ford Options. I highly recommend you look into that, especially if you plan on paying cash for the car. You can pay it off early to minimize finance charges while pocketing the rebate.
Sponsored