Dealer scheduling recall work >2 months out?!

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
My local ford dealer Phil Long Motor City in Colorado Springs, is apparently uninterested in doing recall work…I decided to finally schedule the windshield and roof recall work, but they‘re scheduling out in December at this point! The lady on the phone said there’s only one person assigned to do recall work (this is a pretty large dealer, too). I found this really surprising…are other people experiencing similar delays? I thought they’d prioritize safety related recall work but I guess not. She did confirm that if I needed other service done to the car, I’d be able to bring it in sooner than that!

I went ahead and made an appointment almost three months out, and am currently seeing If another dealer can get me in sooner…they told me a week or two, just confirming availability of parts.

I’ve been really impressed with this car (>36k miles on it now), just very disappointed at the dealer experience and not sure I’ll be sticking with this brand in the future.

Also, they wouldn’t guarantee me a loaner or rental car since it’s so far out! I have to call back a couple weeks before to see if anything is available.
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Call another dealer. I've had this happen locally as well. It's so ridiculous honestly.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My regular dealer is almost always booked out 2 or 3 months for any service work, warranty or not.

My HVBJB swap ended up happening at a dealer I had not used that had immediate openings, and found out why no one goes there for service.

However, for the glass recalls, The dealer won't be doing most of the actual work, and a glass company will, so Just finding another dealer will likely give you the same results.
Sponsored