priuspummeler

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I ordered my MME around 5 months ago, and I'm trying to get X-Plan pricing, so I called the dealers around me and I have a recording saying that they would accept X-Plan. However, yesterday when I called them the internet sales rep said that things have changed and they would "try to work with me" to get X-Plan (which I take as they just want to mark up). What are my options? I don't want to walk away because of how long I waited. I think I remember somewhere that I could demand to ship to another dealer if they don't want to give me X-Plan. Is this true?
Sponsored

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti Q50, F250, 2000 Lightning
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
Dealers are under no obligation to accept x-plan as they "opt-in" to the program. This is why you get it in writing before you order.

peoples1234

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
Nothing has changed since your order was placed 5 months ago. Yours is not a stock order, and should not be subject to these market fluctuations. Contact Mark Levine on Twitter if they don’t get their shit straight by the time your car comes in.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
X-plan is optional for dealers however generally if they accept it on one vehicle they must accept it on all qualified vehicles. That said, it’s not a large discount and arguably the best part of that discount is the limit on paperwork fees. I would not back out over it, MSRP is far bigger.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
X-plan is optional for dealers however generally if they accept it on one vehicle they must accept it on all qualified vehicles. That said, it’s not a large discount and arguably the best part of that discount is the limit on paperwork fees. I would not back out over it, MSRP is far bigger.
Interesting. Is A and Z-plan optional for dealers also?

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
All I will say on this is that it is the most important thing to get the dealer to answer questions about your deal in writing over email.

I had this in this case.

Salespeople have selective memories but having a record of their promises is invaluable in not getting pushed around.