Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
There are many unethical dealers but once in a while it's great to find a diamond in the rough. Want to give a shout-out to Fred Beans Ford of Doylestown. If anyone in the Philly location has had a bad experience, go check out Fred Beans of Doylestown. They have other locations but can't vouch for them. My process from the time that I ordered MME to the time I picked it up was awesome. The general manager was great. Because Ford had increased the price of the car, the GM came and told the finance rep to honor the negotiated xplan price. Put the issue to rest in 10 seconds. A day after bringing the car home, my 12v battery died. Fred Beans service department and their towing team has gone above and beyond to help me out and keep me in the loop with what the Ford field engineers are doing.

Good luck to those who have not had a good experience. Maybe once Ford decides to bypass the dealers completely for EV purchases, things will change for the better.
Sponsored

2bOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I signed a New Vehicle Buyer’s Order with my dealership that specified out the door pricing. I also received a Vehicle Order Summary that showed Msrp, invoice and x-plan pricing as well as my order number. All this was done on Oct 2nd, my order date, at a time when Ford didn’t have x-plan pricing on 2022s yet (we used 2021 pricing). Then on Oct 21st, x-plan pricing was released, so I asked the dealer to update all pricing info and we both signed the same set of papers.

10 days ago, I picked up my vehicle. Zero discussion about price protection, x-plan, active park assist discount, incentives, etc…because I had a legally binding contract.

I only provide the above so others know that dealers who say we can’t look up info, we can’t provide OTD pricing until VIN is known, you will get paid when we get paid, etc, etc are dishonest and are lying to you. Honest dealers will provide you with a contract that spells out the terms of the deal. If they are unwilling to do it, walk. I was going to order online like many did. Don’t order online. Go to a store, sign on paper and get a copy for your records. If you want to order from your iPhone, buy from Tesla, not Ford, GM or other traditional car companies.
That takes care of the price, though in my case there never said the price had changed or anything related to price. The actual problem was they literally just made up stories about when I would be able to pick up the vehicle/sign the paperwork, their story was they needed to do the software update and were short staffed and would take two weeks. Same they I asked about availability they sold it to someone else.
So the even with a New Vehicle buyers order, is that legally binding to sell it to the person named on it? Unless the person changes their mind?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
I asked if I could place another order and be bumped up in the line. They said no. It's unclear why they even bothered to reach out to me at all.
This is what I don’t understand. Ford should be helping consumers out with prioritizing if they get screwed by an unscrupulous dealer. 🤔😱🐩

“Putnam” is a dirty word. 🤬🐩

nomilk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Just had similar experience with Frontier Ford that my reserved car was sold to another customer. The difference is that the car hasn't arrived, and the dealer told me they would contact the other customer and see if they accept to switch to a different mach-e.
Any suggestions what I could do to protect my rights (assuming I have) if the dealer finally decide to sell my car to the other customer?
btw, try to avoid Frontier Ford if you are in bay area. The dealer won't do price protection and x-plan pricing together, and only offered one of them. When I asked price protection on top of x-plan, they yelled that they didn't have to accept x-plan.

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
I've said this before, but while living in the Bay Area I used to be acquainted with their founder via a mutual hobby. You're being too kind.
The upside down pineapple kind of hobby? 😜