Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I already have an order in for a performance edition, but decided I wanted to order a GT on Ford.com. The final page asked for a $1000 deposit instead of $500. I tried building a select which also requires a $1000 deposit. So then I tried a different dealer which only asked for $500. Obviously Iā€™m going to go with the second dealer but has anyone run in to this?

F7F65141-4622-4AA5-B044-3CCFB0456158.png
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Unfortunately, dealers are allowed to set their own deposit amounts.

Just for clarity, this is an order not a reservation. Reservations were actually directly through Ford with a $500 refundable deposit. But that was before orders could be placed. You should also be aware that deposits on orders aren't necessarily refundable. That depends on the dealer as well.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If the deposit is refundable, don't worry about the one being $1,000 vs $500. I'd go with the better dealer. Make sure you get it in writing that the deposit is refundable.

OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
If the deposit is refundable, don't worry about the one being $1,000 vs $500. I'd go with the better dealer. Make sure you get it in writing that the deposit is refundable.
Well I already have $500 down for a different trim level. Iā€™d rather only add another $500 instead of $1000 considering I wonā€™t get either back for months.

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
On 5 August we paid $1000 down for our Premium AWD ER in DMG. Plus we have agreed in writing NO dealer markup. Our 21 MME has been changed to a 22 model. Still waiting for a build date and the Reservation page is still down so we cannot check any progress.

OP
OP
Caramel

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Just for clarity, this is an order not a reservation.
Thanks! Yeah I used the word order in the main body of the post but called it reservation in the title. I edited the title. Thatā€™s what I get for posting before coffee!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
The screen shot seems odd though, doesn't it? It says MSRP and then "Dealer's Selling Price" which is $1,100 more. Doesn't that mean the dealer is marking it up?

jeffMachE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
The screen shot seems odd though, doesn't it? It says MSRP and then "Dealer's Selling Price" which is $1,100 more. Doesn't that mean the dealer is marking it up?
The $1100 is the destination charge. That is a non-negotiable amount added on to every vehicle.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Well I already have $500 down for a different trim level. Iā€™d rather only add another $500 instead of $1000 considering I wonā€™t get either back for months.
You won't get either amount back if you buy the car. It's the deposit on the order and becomes part of your payment at purchase time. If you decide not to buy, only then would you get your money back, and even then only if the deposit is refundable. This is why it's important to both ask and get it in writing as @ChasingCoral said.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Mines charged 1.5k. for deposit.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
You won't get either amount back if you buy the car. It's the deposit on the order and becomes part of your payment at purchase time. If you decide not to buy, only then would you get your money back, and even then only if the deposit is refundable. This is why it's important to both ask and get it in writing as @ChasingCoral said.
Ditto. I emailed my sales person about it so I would have it in writing. My dealership charged $500 and said I can either roll it into the price of the car or get it back.

redranger04g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME SR RWD Ice White, 2015 Ford F-150
Country flag
Mines $1.5k as well, and is refundable. Though was told if I cancel after it is produced I won't be refunded until it gets to their lot.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Wow. Is it refundable if you end up not taking the car?
Yes. I have it in email that it is refundable. I made sure to verify all details ahead of time.
Sponsored