First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Hi All,

I am coming up on my 10,000 mile milestone in my 2022 Premium AWD SR. The dealer I bought it from called me last week to get me in for the tire rotation/inspection and a 'recall' to program the heating module. She sent a copy, as requested, of the service bulletin that says the update will improve heating, defrost and defog performance at highway speeds. I checked back and saw that I received 3.6.1 and it seems to be the same thing. Should I let them do this? I mostly drive at highway speeds. Also, I'm not exactly sure when mine was built and I was looking into TSB 22-2141 about the wireless charger. My phone gets SUPER hot so I use a cable for CarPlay and charging but it would be nice to know if I need this update. I found 2 different sets of build dates to which it applies. I never really liked this dealership but we got the car there because it was what we wanted and we were lucky to find it available. I don't want to go there simply for the inspection and tire rotation which they quoted me over the phone as $25 (tire rotation) and inspection free. That would really blow a few hours on a Saturday for me since I am unable to take it during the week.
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi All,

I am coming up on my 10,000 mile milestone in my 2022 Premium AWD SR. The dealer I bought it from called me last week to get me in for the tire rotation/inspection and a 'recall' to program the heating module. She sent a copy, as requested, of the service bulletin that says the update will improve heating, defrost and defog performance at highway speeds. I checked back and saw that I received 3.6.1 and it seems to be the same thing. Should I let them do this? I mostly drive at highway speeds. Also, I'm not exactly sure when mine was built and I was looking into TSB 22-2141 about the wireless charger. My phone gets SUPER hot so I use a cable for CarPlay and charging but it would be nice to know if I need this update. I found 2 different sets of build dates to which it applies. I never really liked this dealership but we got the car there because it was what we wanted and we were lucky to find it available. I don't want to go there simply for the inspection and tire rotation which they quoted me over the phone as $25 (tire rotation) and inspection free. That would really blow a few hours on a Saturday for me since I am unable to take it during the week.
If you received 3.6.1 then nothing else is needed. I have the CSP notice too for the heat update but it should clear eventually. As to rotation and inspection that is up to you.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Hi All,

There is no "recall", and as noted, you have the update.

What's your plan for the tire rotation and inspection if you don't go there?

OP
OP

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is no "recall", and as noted, you have the update.

What's your plan for the tire rotation and inspection if you don't go there?
I am not sure if we would take to this dealer or the other dealer where we got the other car. Our regular shop doesn't deal with EVs so can't really do the inspection and I don't really want 2 trips for completion.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I am not sure if we would take to this dealer or the other dealer where we got the other car. Our regular shop doesn't deal with EVs so can't really do the inspection and I don't really want 2 trips for completion.
The inspection is a simple safety inspection: Brake lining thickness, rotor condition, coolant level, washer fluid level. I have already done the “10K service” 3 times in my driveway with 8.3K miles on the car. 🤪🐩

OP
OP

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The inspection is a simple safety inspection: Brake lining thickness, rotor condition, coolant level, washer fluid level. I have already done the “10K service” 3 times in my driveway with 8.3K miles on the car. 🤪🐩
Well, I just filled my washer fluid. I use one pedal driving so, pretty sure my brakes and rotors are ok but, my regular mechanic can check that and I’m sure he could check the coolant level as well.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
Many dealers are refusing to do software and firmware checks. To have one calling you to specifically do them is a gift.

I may be wrong, but I believe I’ve read that the OTA’s are very targeted. That meaning that they only update specific components and others may have updates that still need updates that are available but not included with most recent updates.

If they’re willing, I’d ask them to check and update everything available and ask them for a rundown of what they updated when done.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I did the tire rotation at my local TireMan. It was free and took about 7 minutes from when I arrived until I was driving away.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Im taking my MME for the 16k km service this week. I like having that OEM service record, while my vehicle is still under warranty. It's a good way to spend FordPass points too.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Many dealers are refusing to do software and firmware checks. To have one calling you to specifically do them is a gift.
well that's a pretty sad state of affairs isn't it... guess that's where we are these days.,
Sponsored