Dealership installation of L3 (fast DC) and L2 chargers-

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
MMEs as a service loaner is just a suggestion and fun thought experiment. It's interesting getting people's opinions on the matter. I hope that as more EVs come to market, especially at more of the Ecosport price point, we'll see this sort of thing become available.
Sponsored

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
Yes ... twice. Overnight turned into a week to 10 days while waiting on parts they didn't know they needed.

If you are brining in an EV sure .. but that's not the whole point here. The point was to try to get non-EV people into EVs. Giving people an option that want to try it out is a good idea. Shoving everyone into one to try to convert people is a horrible idea that will do more harm then good. Not going to argue anymore about it. You don't build business plans based on best case scenarios.

Not sure how your last sentence applys at all. Yes, if the entire country is forced to move to EVs they would start to use EVs because people would be familiar with them and the infrastructure to use them easily would be way better than it is today.

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I do think the DC fast charger at the dealership is a great sales tool particularly for ICE customers who considers buying EV and they don't know too much about EV charging. My charging experience at Nissan dealer for my Model S 7 years ago, waiting for 3 hours taught me a good lesson.

rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag
apparently Tesla will give you a loaner or uber credit. Perhaps ford could consider something similar.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
It is the middle of August 2020, has your local dealer installed a new EV charger?

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My small town dealer has done nothing yet. Owner's family also has a well known contracting business so it isn't as if they do not know how to do this.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It is the middle of August 2020, has your local dealer installed a new EV charger?
I drove through the lot of mine in July. I didn't see anything in public view. Which surprised me because it's a brand new fancy building they just moved into around New Years.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. I doubt many will be CCS fast, and I doubt many will be open to the general public 24x7. I'm expecting most to be L2 as a sales aid to show potential customers how to charge. And to (eventually) charge vehicles on their lots.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The local Chevy dealer in Hilo has a DCFC. The Ford dealer? Nothing yet, DC or otherwise.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The local Chevy dealer in Hilo has a DCFC. The Ford dealer? Nothing yet, DC or otherwise.
there are some Chevy dealers that have installed slaw "fast" DCFC 25kW chargers at their dealership. I believe this could be from GM selling the EV Bolt. This is likely the top "speed" any Ford dealership will input (in the near future) as I have not heard of any GM dealership installing anything more.
Sponsored