Dealership Module Update (Not sure if this covered the recall)

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
Recently went to the dealership after receiving multiple messages through FordPass regarding an 'Electrical System Drain Service Required.' After leaving the car at the dealership on 6/18-6/25/22, they informed me that the following updates had been made:

"Mtime updated OBCC WACM, DSM, HVAC, OBCC modules. OBCC required 2 updates also updated RFA Module 1622 WV."

When I called back on 7/5/22 to find out whether the recall update 22S41 had been made, they said the updated modules on the car 'were overlapping' with those of the recall. I honestly don't trust anyone at the dealership to know or understand the EV market or the issues that arise.

Can anybody advise whether the update was most likely made for the recall or if I should just wait for the OTA update in late July/August...if it even comes?
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
It is POSSIBLE they did the recall updates, as they came out on 6/25, but the updates they listed as being done are NOT the recall updates. The recall updates are for the following modules: PCM, SOBDMC, BECM, and SOBDMB.

OP
OP
ParadiseFoundNYC
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
Thank you! @Neil4Real would you say I should pushback on the dealership and advise the modules that needed to be updated or just wait for the OTA. Not planning any roadtrips anytime soon, but would like to ensure the car doesn't get bricked on the highway or intersection.

More so I'm just curious how plausible it is that the update were truly 'overlapping' since the recall patch didn't come out till 6/25. I was informed my car was ready to be picked up on 6/22-6/23, so it seems the updates were made before the software was readily available.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Look at your repair sheet. If you don't see PCM, SOBDMC, BECM, listed in technician notes along with "22S41 recall performed" then they didn't do the recall and will have to make another trip. Go by what the sheet says rather than what they tell you, voice of experience...

OP
OP
ParadiseFoundNYC
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
Thank you @Mach-Lee, I'll follow up with the dealership tomorrow. Really frustrating that these issues continue to happen and not looking forward to those to come.

Has anyone had an experience requesting concessions from Ford for these issues? Free months of charging? Rebate? etc.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thank you @Mach-Lee, I'll follow up with the dealership tomorrow. Really frustrating that these issues continue to happen and not looking forward to those to come.

Has anyone had an experience requesting concessions from Ford for these issues? Free months of charging? Rebate? etc.
No, concessions would be a can of worms for Ford. They are bleeding money in warranty/recall repairs as it is.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Concessions for what? You brought the car in for an issue, they fixed the issue.

OP
OP
ParadiseFoundNYC
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
Concessions for what? You brought the car in for an issue, they fixed the issue.
@RickMachE technically they didn't fix the issue and in New York City its not a casual stroll to your local dealership. It's a time consuming task that I'm paying for in more ways than one. $63K for a car you expect to not have to bring it in multiple times a month...

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Mine was in for windshield recall Multiple software updates. First year car, that's what you bought.

No compensation is owed. Pain for me to drive to my dealer and leave it too.
Sponsored