Dealership not going to hold my Mach e after it arrived almost two weeks early

Kurrisu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Well my Grabber blue GTPE showed up early and the dealer told me I had 2days to pick it up before they sell it. It was a rush order to replace our 2021 that had issues. And Ford still has our 2021 GT that we’re for forced to make insurance and car payments on…. Im at a loss of what to do. I’ve never heard of dealer forcing us to pick the car up in such a short period of time. We don’t even have financials set up. Would you let the car go or could we make a profit buying and reselling it? I’d hate to have the dealer get it and mark it up(the dealership sells them instantly with high markups and I know that’s why they’re trying to get our GTPE….) I’m so depressed because we really wanted a working Mach E.
Do I have any kind of protection on my order for longer then a few days? Or do I have to reorder another one and wait another 6-7 months. The dealership has has our current Mach E going on a year now in service and collision.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dealership not going to hold my Mach e after it arrived almost two weeks early IMG_2507
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is there a reason you can’t pick it up in 2 days? Are you out of town or something? Do you have a deposit and purchase agreement for the car?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You will lose money buying and reselling, and cannot take the tax credit.

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
i honestly doubt they can even sell a gtpe in 2 weeks so you might be good

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
What happened with the first car that has over 1 year at the dealer? Was it a collision or was it warranty work? Was it worked covered by insurance? Your post is missing a bunch of critical information. The reason it's there makes a huge difference as to how you can dispose of the car. For example, if it was in a collision and insurance is paying for it to be repaired, you're stuck with it until it's repaired and then you can sell it. If it's warranty work and been there for a year, you a likely covered by the Lemon Law.

As for the 2 days to pick it up, we've seen cars sold under people if they don't get them within 2 days here in California a few times. Financing isn't normally an issue on cars unless you have really bad credit. Not trying to be harsh, but you had a rush order placed and you're now unprepared for the speed at which it happened.

Edit: I see your other posts talking about an accident. So, unfortunately you are in a pickle. You don't have many options as to how you can deal with the wrecked car if insurance decided to repair it, you're just stuck waiting. The repair work, under most all policies, is your responsibility, not that of the insurance company. You elected to order another car while that one is still being repaired. Dealer financing through Ford Credit, for example, is done on the spot. It shouldn't be an issue getting another loan, but yeah, you'll be paying the wrecked one until you can sell it.

Last edited:

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Comes down to your financial situation. Can you swing 2 car payments? My guess is that your other car won't be ready in 2 months, let alone 2 days.

But as far as what a dealer is allow to do. It's their car. Even if you ordered it. Scummy to sell it from right underneath you, but they're legally allowed to do it.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Comes down to your financial situation. Can you swing 2 car payments? My guess is that your other car won't be ready in 2 months, let alone 2 days.

But as far as what a dealer is allow to do. It's their car. Even if you ordered it. Scummy to sell it from right underneath you, but they're legally allowed to do it.
100% correct!
Vehicle belongs to the dealer even though you have an order deposit, etc...

If I wanted my ordered MME, I'd get another loan while I sell my other vehicle.

Floating both would be my choice.
Sponsored