Dealership sales in stock?

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
Not sure, but it appears that some dealers, at least around here, have cars in stock probably from folks not completing purchase. Might be worth a query in your neck of the woods?
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-Sacramento-c29885_L2795
Cargurus, Autotrader, Cars.com all pull from the same databases that result in these cars being listed on their respective dealer websites as well....but almost all of them (if not all) are pre-orders destined for the original person who ordered it. Some dealers just let them go up on their sites as if they're available,. likely to drum up interest and get people calling. I think it's a bit of a shady tactic, but you can always call the dealer and ask them to let you know if any of those order deals fall through...I know that's how several people have gotten their MMEs. But you can bet that most everything you see on aggregator sites are not actually available. Never hurts to call and ask, but don't get your hopes up. Every MME listed within 75 miles of me is not actually available. All pre-orders. I know this because I've called every dealer that has listed them. Quite annoying.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can tell you, right now today (February 12th) North Bay Ford in Santa Cruz, CA have two on the showroom floor. Both were customer pre-orders that were cancelled. Premium AWD EX in black and Premium EX in silver. 831-457-5858 or (831) 419-1602 (cell) ask for Bobbie Robinson.

Last edited:

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
A lot of the cars in those sites are still in transit as well. You can do a quick check of the VIN in the tracker tool to see if it's been delivered yet. I also reached out today to a dealer that had one on the lot (based on actual photos, not virtual or stock photos) and it was an FCTP car which can't be sold until it's been there for 7 months or racks up 2000 miles.