Dear Ford, Improvements I'd Like To See...

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company I thought we could provide a place to list (constructively) improvements we'd like to see.

Just took a road trip. Overall, great experience. No issues charging at EA stations BUT...

1. When I search for "next ev charge", the system searches within an omnidirectional radius, with results limited to the top 4 when driving. Unfortunately, many of the options end up being behind (requiring a u turn and leaving my planned route). I had plenty of range, so I wanted chargers that were ahead along my current route to add one as a way point. This became annoying when an upcoming charger was 60 miles ahead and the closest chargers were 50 miles behind.

2. When adding a way point and then stopping to charge, when I got back in the vehicle I had to start navigation over from scratch and search for my destination again, instead of picking up the existing trip from the waypoint. This might just be a glitch.

3. On a road trip, any charger under 150kwh is not a dcfast charger and those shouldn't come up when searching along a route and filtering for fast chargers (like a 50kwh charger isn't going to cut it unless there's absolutely no alternative). I'd love the filter to be selectable by kWh (like 100+, for example), instead of generic "fast charging" that includes chargers that are decidedly not fast.

These are easy software fixes that I'd love to see in an upcoming update. Thanks!
Sponsored