Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
[Rant]
Unless Alexa can open the hood/front storage compartment/frunk, why would you invest so much effort in giving us yet another voice assistant/data mining app that no one was asking for over the electronic release that we have ALL been complaining about since day 1?
I seriously don’t understand the way y’all are prioritizing stuff.

also, isn’t it about time to [push all] to all the cars? Having to support 8 different software sets is resource intensive, and we all have the same hardware. Seriously, quit screwing around, and send it all to everyone.
[/Rant]
Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
[Rant]
Unless Alexa can open the hood/front storage compartment/frunk, why would you invest so much effort in giving us yet another voice assistant/data mining app that no one was asking for over the electronic release that we have ALL been complaining about since day 1?

also, isn’t it about time to [push all] to all the cars? Having to support 8 different software sets is resource intensive, and we all have the same hardware. Seriously, quit screwing around, and send it all to everyone.
[/Rant]
Sorry to disappoint you, but Amazon Alexa is a revenue stream for Ford. They're going to continue to bake it into the Sync OS.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
And again, Sync features are not exclusive to the Mach E. This is an integration that is coming to all cars running sync 4. The OTA team has no control what features get put into a particular build of Sync, they just package up the software they are given from the Sync team to push out to cars.

The APIM/GWM/TCU updates need to happen first and then the rest of the updates can happen. This update is moving up 2 version branches in Sync and is not a small update. Hopefully in the next month or so we'll start seeing all the other modules get the OTA pushes, since the software is in FDRS and ready to go.

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
It's been 2 years since the initial release. Yet, my MME still has the USB Media fail to load and auto jump to Radio problem. Seriously just give me an option to turn off this stupid auto media source jump. I don't mind if it takes a little longer to load the USB. Just hate to have 2 manually change it from radio to USB every time the USB took more than 10 sec to load.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I still have duct tape - DUCT TAPE - covering my alarm interior motion sensors because I cannot deactivate them, even though SYNC says we should be able to deactivate them. PAAK still stinks at waking up the car to unlock the doors. Otherwise, I have no real complaints... just wishes.

In addition to the bug fixes, I wish Ford would...
  1. give me one-tap or smarter automatic access to front and 360 cams when parking. It sure would be fun if the car would automatically recognize I'm in a parking lot and automatically pull up the front and 360 cams when sliding into a spot. That would be AMAZING.
  2. occasionally let me charge past 100% in advance of a road trip (only X times per year, under certain temps, etc.).
  3. make the volume knob multi-function.
  4. reduce SYNC lag.
  5. make BlueCruise more reliable and less prone to disengage on curves.
That's really about it for me. I would be extremely satisfied if I got those things.

@Ford Motor Company

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
[Rant]

[/Rant]
💵

But you knew that. And I quite agree with you as well.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I know everyone wants an "frunk release" button; but I find myself using my frunk 10x more than the trunk. What I want is an automatic lift gate Hood (like our cousin the Lightning)!!! Don't get me wrong, gladly take a frunk release button on my FP app.

Lesser Wants:
1. cooled seats
2. Heated steering wheel (levels) like the seat and consistency. Not buying the argument that we just "get used to it" that is why it seems like it fades; BS....It just fades through the drive.
3. Want my Blue Cruise to change lanes for me.
4. Make the Fan speed a toggle switch like the temperature toggle. Why do I have to bring it up on the screen 1st to change it? That makes no sense.
4. And the Winning Lotto #'s too!!!
ok, i guess that's it.

Dave-O

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag
Why the hell can’t they let the user control charging speed from the car or app? Why the hell don’t the Ford’s display charging voltage and current? Why the hell dose my cruise control completely stop working when the janky camera faults out?

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
I know a lot of mustang people want driving experience and blah blah blah - i don't care about all that.

I personally want a car that looks nice as hell and has amazing tech. This car only does one of those things and I'm realizing I care way more than I thought I would about tech.

I probably will be jumping ship and driving a tesla in about 5 years. Teslas are ugly as hell but at least they give a damn. Ford seems so indifferent.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
I still have duct tape - DUCT TAPE - covering my alarm interior motion sensors because I cannot deactivate them, even though SYNC says we should be able to deactivate them. PAAK still stinks at waking up the car to unlock the doors. Otherwise, I have no real complaints... just wishes.

In addition to the bug fixes, I wish Ford would...
  1. give me one-tap or smarter automatic access to front and 360 cams when parking. It sure would be fun if the car would automatically recognize I'm in a parking lot and automatically pull up the front and 360 cams when sliding into a spot. That would be AMAZING.
  2. occasionally let me charge past 100% in advance of a road trip (only X times per year, under certain temps, etc.).
  3. make the volume knob multi-function.
  4. reduce SYNC lag.
  5. make BlueCruise more reliable and less prone to disengage on curves.
That's really about it for me. I would be extremely satisfied if I got those things.

@Ford Motor Company
You even have BC? That's been hyped since the beginning and before anyone could get a large enough sample of retail user feedback on other nice-to-haves.

But, here I am, a Job 1 with > 16 mos ownership waiting for the 2.8 OTAs to deploy as intended (i.e., I've already answered elsewhere why I haven't already taken my MME in to have the dealer do it).

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Sorry for the delayed response - I do have a life beyond the forum 😀
Of course I agree with @JoeDimwit
For all the apologists out there, all we are asking for is for MY22 Job 1s to be brought to feature parity with all other Mustang Mach Es. It’s not like the hardware doesn’t exist in the vehicle - it’s been proven to exist. It’s not like the software doesn’t exist - hackers on the forum have actually FOUND the software on Ford’s galactic supercomputer in Dearborn and downloaded it in their cars. People have even used F150 key fobs to open the Mustang Mach E frunk remotely.
Yet Ford seems to think that it’s more urgent to push Sudoko and a jigsaw puzzle game to me? Really? 😡

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Teslas are ugly as hell but at least they give a damn.
You’re half right there, Teslas are as ugly as hell. I’ve yet to meet a Tesla owner of more than a year hi thinks Tesla gives a damn about anything. And I know more than a couple who will never buy another Tesla.

It’s your money and your car, do what you think is best for you.
Sponsored