Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang Ecoboost, 2011 F250
Occupation
Trailer manufacturer
Country flag
Discussion over

Yes. I asked the President of the MCOA. (Unless of course he is impeached and removed over this, but that does not seem to be a very successful tactic these days)

“John,
Thank you very much for reaching out to me. Yes the MACH E is a hard pill for your traditional Mustang enthusiasts to swallow. That said Mustang Club of America has and always will accept any Mustang. The question has been asked if we will judge these cars if they come to our National Shows and the answer is yes we will. The first two model years will be in what is called Presidents Choice which is the class that all new Mustangs go in until they are two years old. Once they pass that point They will be fully judged based on Cleanliness, Condition, and Workmanship. With the current environment we have not had a regular Board of Directors meeting since January. The details of how we incorporate this new Mustang into the MCA family will have to be worked out. I'm sure you have seen the comments that say "I'm done with MCA if they accept the MACH E" Well, that's a very short sided attitude to take and some will but leave but hopefully the MACH E owners will fill the gap. BTW I'm a loyal Mustang II promoter also and own a 1975 Mustang II Ghia. Its. unrestored and a very beautiful car. Myself and numerous Mustang II enthusiasts are finally making head way in shedding the downtrodden image of the forgotten and much maligned Mustang IIs. But we realize some will never accept the IIs and that's their right just as some will never accept the MACH E.

All that said, continue to build the MACH E following. I look forward to seeing some Es in our National Shows next year.
Cordially,
Steve Prewitt”
First of all, The Mustang II was the right car for the time. They sold a TON of them, 380,000+ in ‘74 alone!
As far as “being a Mustang” goes, a small percentage are Shelby GT 350’s or GT 500’s! This has been true since the ‘64.5 came with a straight 6! What the Mach E does for Mustang is Broaden the appeal and perpetuate the Brand!
As always, weather it is The Mach E, GT, Shelby or EcoBoost, will “Hot Rod” it, Customize its looks and Show it and Shine it!
That’s what Mustang Owners have done for 55 + Years!
Sponsored