Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I just got off the phone with my dealer and he said on Friday they received information that the display models were being delivered in December, The VIN numbers won't be available until January and the delivery won't be until March 2021.

After he told me that, I called him back to ask if that was the timeline for pre-orders or just cars one purchases at the lot once the display models come out.

Has anyone heard of any timeline being offered by Ford yet? It apparently came out Friday. I will be getting an FE BTW.
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I just got off the phone with my dealer and he said on Friday they received information that the display models were being delivered in December, The VIN numbers won't be available until January and the delivery won't be until March 2021.

After he told me that, I called him back to ask if that was the timeline for pre-orders or just cars one purchases at the lot once the display models come out.

Has anyone heard of any timeline being offered by Ford yet? It apparently came out Friday. I will be getting an FE BTW.
That seems very wrong on the dealers part. I just spoke with a dealer and the info I got was the same as people have indicated elsewhere on here. Fabrication starts shortly, deliveries will happen starting in December (I still hold the belief that a very few will be delivered in November)

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

Wrong

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
The short answer is that there isn't anything official from Ford so we're left with narratives pieced together from various sources.

My dealer said their demo would be delivered mid-November and my Premium should arrive in December or January. So what your dealer told you sounded reasonable until you got to: "I will be getting an FE". Since Ford wants to get these delivered first a March delivery date seems late.

Assuming your dealer got their information correct, and I assume it did, it could be a couple of things. One might be that the fact you ordered a FE got overlooked and what you were told would be right for a Premium not an FE. Another might be that Ford wants to stage deliveries by geographic area, with the dealer floor models appearing first. In this case you would be the first in your geographic area to get an FE but not necessarily first in the country.

Just speculation.
Sponsored