Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander Hybrid, Toyota Rav 4 Hybrid, BMW
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
First, I would like to thank everyone in advance of all their posts. I have have been reading every single post for almost 2 months now. I am down to decision time - my heart and my first choice is the new MME, CR1, Ext Rng, AWD. But over the course of the last 2 month - has anyone got the MME that did NOT have any issues. I am meeting with the Ford dealer I selected tomorrow and kind of having 2nd thoughts now since it is such a new model for Ford. I have read some of the horror stories about the dealers not knowing how to service them and keeping them for weeks. I'm just looking for some assurances from anyone who has gotten the MME that hasn't had problems with it. Thanks for thoughts and guidance.
Sponsored

ahg

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E 4x 2014 Accord V6
Occupation
retired
Country flag
First, I would like to thank everyone in advance of all their posts. I have have been reading every single post for almost 2 months now. I am down to decision time - my heart and my first choice is the new MME, CR1, Ext Rng, AWD. But over the course of the last 2 month - has anyone got the MME that did NOT have any issues. I am meeting with the Ford dealer I selected tomorrow and kind of having 2nd thoughts now since it is such a new model for Ford. I have read some of the horror stories about the dealers not knowing how to service them and keeping them for weeks. I'm just looking for some assurances from anyone who has gotten the MME that hasn't had problems with it. Thanks for thoughts and guidance.
7K miles since June with no significant issues.

RSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black CA Route 1 Mach-e
Country flag
CA Rte 1 RWD, zero issues whatsoever (even with seatbelt recall, assuming mine is included, should be an easy fix).

Tesla: Holds my money for 2 years, then all the sudden says "We aren't building your configuration. Upgrade to what we have ($12k more than what my reservation was for), or get your money back, (which may take up to 30 business days)."

I've never owned a Ford. Never thought I would, to be honest. But after that treatment, I can say with certainty I will NEVER own a Tesla. Mach E has been very good to me so far.

Now.. emotions aside, I would say it's all about personal needs. I wanted good range in a larger vehicle, and the MME fits the bill, whereas the Model 3's size is what I "upgraded" away from.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
SR AWD, have had no significant issues other than range anxiety that has abated with Level 2 home charging, had car since late June, 7500 miles. It's a great car.

MABachE131

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT in DMG
Country flag
No problems here.

To be fair.... Forums are often where people seek help for their issues. People generally don't go to a forum to post that they have no problems... Unless, in this case, someone asks.

Consumer Reports has recommended MME as one of the most reliable BEVs and luxury compact SUVs.

Last edited:

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I owned a 2021 model 3 before I bought my MME. That should tell you something. Quite a few people here that did the same thing. No issues w my MME.

oh and I didn’t have any issues with my model3, at least any that were “out of spec”. It worked exactly as it was designed and built. The model 3 is not a high end vehicle. It’s equivalent to a very fast Honda Civic or Corolla. It didn’t have high end features. It didn’t have high end feel or build. I came from a mid range Acura and Nissan before and the Tesla was a step down in everything but speed. For spending over 50k for a compact car I was disappointed.

The MME is nicer than my Acura and Nissan, but I’d say isnt quite as nice as my wife’s Audi (but I still prefer the MME).

Depends on your expectations. To me, speed wasn’t worth all the other trade offs on the Tesla. To some people it is. It was still a really fun car.

Last edited:

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Next month we will have had ours a year. I had to put washer fluid in it at 9k and am now at 12k miles. The struggle is real..

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Two months, 2000+ miles with my GT and I love it. I have had no quality issues with my car at all.

PaaK is unreliable but I didn't buy the car because of PaaK, and the Fob is 100% reliable. The Sync system sometimes does weird things, but it works properly 99% of the time.

I'd say if Ford has a weak point, it is software, not hardware. The car is so, so much fun to drive. And everything fits well: doors, windows, seats, etc. The mechanical quality is excellent.

Personally I think Ford hit a home run with the MME. One man's opinion...

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Had my MME GT since November. Great car, absolutely love it. Zero issues. Best dealer experience I've ever had.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Over 9000 miles on my CR1 and no issues to speak of. I could complain about the Paak, but haven't used that since the first week so that's why there are no complaints to speak of. Drove to Florida from NJ with no real issues - twice I had to swap to a different charging station at a site but other than that the car was perfect.

M3 is a small sedan and the Mach E is a smallish crossover, so that might weigh in your evaluation depending on preference. Up until covid I was a fan of Tesla (even though I am a "Ford guy"), but Musk's selfishly reckless and abusive behavior last year just disgusted me. I will never give him a penny.

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
Two months, 2000+ miles with my GT and I love it. I have had no quality issues with my car at all.

PaaK is unreliable but I didn't buy the car because of PaaK, and the Fob is 100% reliable. The Sync system sometimes does weird things, but it works properly 99% of the time.

I'd say if Ford has a weak point, it is software, not hardware. The car is so, so much fun to drive. And everything fits well: doors, windows, seats, etc. The mechanical quality is excellent.

Personally I think Ford hit a home run with the MME. One man's opinion...
I agree that it is a home run. 4,000 miles on my GT since late September. No problems have occurred. Drove in the snow for the first time over the weekend and the car handled great (non PE). I have never activated PAAK and am very satisfied using the FOB, So much fun to drive and very comfortable. Quiet, smooth ride and the handling is great. Considering I had never ridden or even sat in a MME or any other BEV before ordering our GT my expectations have been exceeded. I do want to thank all the forum members who help educate me as it helped my experience start out great!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Oh, and there are 8800 forum members here, so the number of members with issues is relatively small. And, as mentioned people only come here to complain, so that skews the number even further.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
Go with your heart. Pick what you like.

This from a twice Tesla owner who loves Teslas and wouldn't buy anything else.

Either car, you'll be an EV owner and enjoy it.

#EVOwnersUnited

GrGuy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've only had mine for a little over two months and 2000 miles, and it's been flawless so far. From what I understand there is build one, and build two, with the later having build dates after June or so without a lot of the quirks and issues of the very first deliveries.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
11200 miles in a Select AWD with tech and zero issues from May to Nov. Plug and charge worked flawlessly, absolute perfect reliability. PAAK was iffy. It worked for 2 months and then went funky. I could not trust it. The fob worked great. 1 recall done for PAAK. One tire rotation. Met all of my expectations. I sold it to Vroom for no loss and upgraded to a Premium ER AWD on 11/23.

3000 miles in Winter now (in just over a month) and perfection. Zero issues whatsoever. Working Bluecruise, lastest software. No Fob in My pocket for 4 weeks. PAAK has worked well. Both have flawless paint and interiors, perfect mechanics, interior silence, great Audio, lots of attention. Great self parking feature too.

Oh, shucks, I just added washer fluid to the Premium the other day, It holds a whole gallon and told me to add it. Today I went through a car wash at 12F and froze the hatch shut. It thawed in less than an hour.

Maybe it’s time upgrade again…. But this ones a keeper.

For you, I may want to consider a premium over a rt1. A lot more features for a few small bucks. The Select and Rt1 is well equipped though.

If you have any specific questions, post or message me. The Model 3 is smaller and more efficient, just be aware of that, but it's more expensive too.
Sponsored

Last edited: