Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
My car was manufactured in Feb 21, delivered in March. I have had some minor issues but things that affected the early builds. My dealer was able to handle the issues in a quick & professional manner. I am very happy with the car and it now has 15k miles on it.

I think going as others have stated in forums like this you will see the worst problems out there. Keep in mind that based on customer feedback Consumer Reports rated the MME one of the most trouble-free electric vehicles on the market
Sponsored

cdale12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
68 289 Convertible, 21 GB GTPE MME
Country flag
GTPE sInce mid September. Only issue I encountered was a defective headlight (could happen to any car of any make/model). Dealer replaced it and that was it. PaaK works great and it is fun to drive. Mostly charge at home with no issues, but I've done a little DCFC and everything worked fine without issue.

I agree, the software is a little quirky, but that is expected in a 1.x release. Other than that it has been great.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
2018, Model 3 owner here, been contemplating a Mach-E for a while, and with the latest v11 Tesla update, I can't wait any longer...

~50k mi ony m3, and I can say it is both magical.. and absolutely maddening!

While back in 2018, the OTA updates were great, recently it's made the car harder and harder to use. The most recent v11 update is horrible, text is hidden behind shadows, the font size is 6pt, and now even simple safety controls are buried multiple clicks in the UI. I honestly feel it is unsafe, and long for AndroidAuto, and one click for safety controls, ie windshield wipers in a snowstorm!)

[Road trip rant: v11 took away the option to view all the superchargers on the nav screen, trying to force you into their algorithms for a trip so if you want to grab a bite to eat and stop sooner then planned you have to open your phone find where the supercharger is and then zoom in the map until you get really close to the city and then it'll show up to add to your trip... It didn't used to be like this... So I primarily use autopilot to use ABRP /plugshare on the phone while driving, until autopilot phantom breaks and scares the crap out of everybody... But the supercharging is fast and flawless (except for lines on holiday weekends), and I've been all over the country with no real problems so definitely have to give Tesla credit for that! I loved the car in 2018-2019, (and sometimes still do) but the dozen small repairs, and the bad UI updates make me ready for my next EV...]
Actually, voice command "where are the supercharger stations" does that, but I feel you on V11. It's ripe for improvements over V10.2. I anticipate 2022.8 or later for those.

Enjoy your Mach-E soon. You can learn how to sell your Tesla here in my latest podcast episode.
https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/lifewithmiddie/episodes/2021-12-31T13_15_17-08_00

In the meantime, check out the additional voice commands to make V11 a little more livable for now (https://teslavoice.glideapp.io)

ahg

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E 4x 2014 Accord V6
Occupation
retired
Country flag
2018, Model 3 owner here, been contemplating a Mach-E for a while, and with the latest v11 Tesla update, I can't wait any longer...

~50k mi ony m3, and I can say it is both magical.. and absolutely maddening!

While back in 2018, the OTA updates were great, recently it's made the car harder and harder to use. The most recent v11 update is horrible, text is hidden behind shadows, the font size is 6pt, and now even simple safety controls are buried multiple clicks in the UI. I honestly feel it is unsafe, and long for AndroidAuto, and one click for safety controls, ie windshield wipers in a snowstorm!)

[Road trip rant: v11 took away the option to view all the superchargers on the nav screen, trying to force you into their algorithms for a trip so if you want to grab a bite to eat and stop sooner then planned you have to open your phone find where the supercharger is and then zoom in the map until you get really close to the city and then it'll show up to add to your trip... It didn't used to be like this... So I primarily use autopilot to use ABRP /plugshare on the phone while driving, until autopilot phantom breaks and scares the crap out of everybody... But the supercharging is fast and flawless (except for lines on holiday weekends), and I've been all over the country with no real problems so definitely have to give Tesla credit for that! I loved the car in 2018-2019, (and sometimes still do) but the dozen small repairs, and the bad UI updates make me ready for my next EV...]
Software developers seem to always want to add functions which usually is good but this leads to more complex decision trees in which things that you use get buried.

Chicago-E

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE Iconic Silver, 2021 GTPE Space White
Occupation
Generator Technician
Country flag
I only have about 800 miles on my GT PE, and so far, I'm very impressed. The hardware (interior, exterior, drivetrain, etc) is well made. The software, however, is a bit quirky. For example, it sometimes tries to set the power seat to memory setting "2" when I get in. That's my wife's setting, and she's shorter than me, so I wind up scrunched up against the steering wheel. (This even happens when I'm away from home and her key fob is nowhere to be found!) I expect this, and other minor issues, will get resolved through a software update.

So, I'd put myself in the "no problems" camp. I'm pleased with my purchase.
Mine does the same think. keeps going to profile 2 which is my wife's.

ArticEV

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR RWD
Country flag
Actually, voice command "where are the supercharger stations" does that, but I feel you on V11. It's ripe for improvements over V10.2. I anticipate 2022.8 or later for those.

Enjoy your Mach-E soon. You can learn how to sell your Tesla here in my latest podcast episode.
https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/lifewithmiddie/episodes/2021-12-31T13_15_17-08_00

In the meantime, check out the additional voice commands to make V11 a little more livable for now (https://teslavoice.glideapp.io)
Awesome, thanks for the tips! I love this forum, that I can even get help as a Tesla owner! :) I guess maybe it's my own fault for clicking update during a very busy holiday road trip week with family, and didn't have time to read up to know what I was getting into with v11...

Maybe the sweetspot for OTA's is somewhere halfway between the Tesla & Ford ;)

One tip to share back: I found with road tripping if range looks a little tight, just follow a semi from a safe distance, and it will increase your range by 10 to 20%!

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’ve had my car since may 2021. SR AWD with no issues. We use PAAK exclusively and are happy with it. Yeah took my car in for service, PAAK update then 21P22 and it’s been really great. They seem to know what they are doing. My purchase experience was really smooth too. Called said do you I’ve an MMEs. the sales guy laughed and then called me back like an hour later and said the found one. Got it for MSPR, no ADM and drove it home two days later.
in my opinion, the MME was an easier transition for my wife from an ICEJeep. She is tech adverse and the MME feels like a well designed car and the Tesla was too touch screen oriented. Either way she now drives it exclusively to work and charges it there and we couldn’t be happier with the vehicle.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I’ve had my car since may 2021. SR AWD with no issues. We use PAAK exclusively and are happy with it. Yeah took my car in for service, PAAK update then 21P22 and it’s been really great. They seem to know what they are doing. My purchase experience was really smooth too. Called said do you I’ve an MMEs. the sales guy laughed and then called me back like an hour later and said the found one. Got it for MSPR, no ADM and drove it home two days later.
in my opinion, the MME was an easier transition for my wife from an ICEJeep. She is tech adverse and the MME feels like a well designed car and the Tesla was too touch screen oriented. Either way she now drives it exclusively to work and charges it there and we couldn’t be happier with the vehicle.
So happy to hear that you're experience with your Mach E has been nothing but positive. Thank you for the support :)

Jeff_S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Performance
Country flag
I knew it was not just me! I am still playing around with removing and adding Fobs to profiles to see if I can get that to stop. It is no big deal for me either, because she has literally driven my car one time and I can remove her profile if needed. But besides a Sync bug, maybe there is a setting that will keep it from happening.
let me know if you find a resolution. It's kind of annoying.

BBBday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select 4X SR
Country flag
First, I would like to thank everyone in advance of all their posts. I have have been reading every single post for almost 2 months now. I am down to decision time - my heart and my first choice is the new MME, CR1, Ext Rng, AWD. But over the course of the last 2 month - has anyone got the MME that did NOT have any issues. I am meeting with the Ford dealer I selected tomorrow and kind of having 2nd thoughts now since it is such a new model for Ford. I have read some of the horror stories about the dealers not knowing how to service them and keeping them for weeks. I'm just looking for some assurances from anyone who has gotten the MME that hasn't had problems with it. Thanks for thoughts and guidance.
No issues with Sept 21 build Select SR AWD with comfort & tech package after 2771 miles (including a 1600 mile road trip round-trip). Annoying that our local dealership (and ford customer care) has no idea about the 21P22 update, but the car isn’t eligible for it anyway based on build date so there isn’t anything that is actually wrong or missing for it, technically. Otherwise, it’s smooth sailing and we love love love this car despite paying $2k ADM, having to travel to Southern IL to purchase the vehicle, and arranging transport down to FL. We’ve got an 2022 Premium ER AWD on order, too. Good luck with your decision and hope you go with what’s best for you!
Sponsored