Decisions, decisions. To buy again or not to?

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
View attachment 86280 So it looks like my new 23 is set for a December delivery. I had to return my first one under the Ford buyback program as it was a suspension default lemon. I ordered the carbonized grey with the nite pony package this time. That said, it’s 8k more than my 21 and the reviews continue to worsen on these units. I loved the good but loathed the bad on my first unit. With the price tag nearing 80k, I’m struggling to chance it a second time. I’ve been out of the loop for a while, has Ford working out the suspension issues? How about the deplorable 5 second power limiter? Phone/Fob issues still?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Suspension faults have been fixed with a software update, otherwise the ride and suspension is unchanged. 5 second rule is also unchanged due to pack limitations. PAAK has been improved with software updates, but only works well with Ford certified phones (usually older models). No issues if you use the fob, you will get 2 from the factory. So it's a mixed bag for you.

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
All cars are getting more expensive, especially the EVs. Tesla gets its tax credit again in 2023 so you could always go for a Model Y. There still aren’t a ton of options for performance EVs under 70k. Model Y with a tax credit might be the best bang for your buck if you don’t want the MME.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
May be near impossible to find, but the KIA EV6 GT looks quite good.

It's quick (claimed 0-60 in 3.3, 546 lb-ft torque), 800v architecture, (subjectively) good looks.

Quick edit - The *actual* GT, NOT the "GT Line" trim...

Last edited:

satchel prefect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crusty old PHEV
Country flag
May be near impossible to find, but the KIA EV6 GT looks quite good.

It's quick (claimed 0-60 in 3.3, 546 lb-ft torque), 800v architecture, (subjectively) good looks.
Even more impressive than the 0-60 time is the quarter mile in high 11s at 117mph. Not that far off a Taycan 4s.

azulejost

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iced Blue Silver Premium Std Range RWD
Country flag
For GT/GTPE money, I’d probably go EV6 GT or whatever this Ioniq 5 N is going to be based on your exterior looks preference.

At Premium trim price and lower, I’d still go Mach-E vs GT-Line or lower trims.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
For GT/GTPE money, I’d probably go EV6 GT or whatever this Ioniq 5 N is going to be based on your exterior looks preference.

At Premium trim price and lower, I’d still go Mach-E vs GT-Line or lower trims.
Love my Premium AWD ER... didn't care for the GT PE.

I think Ford under-engineered it... HVBJB issues, amp draw over 600A, 5 second limiter, Unbridle Extend mode is broken, bouncy suspension in Whisper + Engage, etc.

At GT PE money, I'd go straight to a BMW i4 M50 which has better suspension (rear air + adaptive), better audio, better interior (albeit the GT PE has nice seats and good materials). I'm still interested in an EV6 GT but the range is terrible (206 miles) so it would be a commuter + track car. It's bit budgety though.. manual seats, poor audio (Meridan is not good), cheap-ish interior, no adaptive suspension, etc.

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
Just cancel your order. If you're not sure it's best you pass on it.

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Only other EV I would consider/afford is the Genesis EV60. But all things considered I'm happy with my choice. I had a select and upgraded to the GT. I never had one problem with my Select (had it 1 year). Only had my GT like a month and a half, so no issues yet. I love the upgrade. Big difference from the Select. I would never get a Tesla. Sorry I just hate Elon too much, and I have a lot of co workers and friends that have had a lot of problems with getting them serviced when something does happen.

I do like your choice though. That night pony pkg is nice looking. Never seen one in person.

OP
OP
rsfloodco

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Life is too short to buy a new car with features that you "loathe", or consider "deplorable". Why not get something that will make you happy?
You’re right. I did that too. The decision is really hard on whether I should buy it given how hard cars are to come by now-a-days. This 2015 is a blast . However, it’s tough getting in and out of at 52, it’s essentially a 2 seater and definitely seasonal in Colorado.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Decisions, decisions. To buy again or not to? CA617C8E-4DC9-4DF4-BF73-383A8669B741

Last edited:

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag

I think Ford under-engineered it... HVBJB issues, amp draw over 600A, 5 second limiter, Unbridle Extend mode is broken, bouncy suspension in Whisper + Engage, etc.

At GT PE money, I'd go straight to a BMW i4 M50 which has better suspension (rear air + adaptive), better audio, better interior (albeit the GT PE has nice seats and good materials). I'm still interested in an EV6 GT but the range is terrible (206 miles) so it would be a commuter + track car. It's bit budgety though.. manual seats, poor audio (Meridan is not good), cheap-ish interior, no adaptive suspension, etc.
Yeah it'd be hard not to buy the bmw i4 m50 over the GTPE at this point.

$77k and pretty nicely optioned

Screenshot_20221204-205819_Chrome.jpg

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag

You can’t discount looks and the GTPE puts the EV6 and i4 to shame in that department. Obviously subjective but in my opinion the EV6 GT has zero excitement in its design and does not differentiate itself from the base EV6 besides painted calipers, and the i4 front end is a train wreck.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
80k is a ton of money. While we love our MME, I don't think I'd pay that for it.

Not sure what my top alternative would be. I wanna see more of the Cadillac Lyriq. If I made a change I'd go more smooth and luxurious than sporty. But if you're a GT person, you probably prioritize sporty.
Sponsored