tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
This thread has me worried. After some run around and non responsiveness from Livermore Ford. I just got my shipped notice. I'm an X plan member .

Am I going to have to walk away from my june 2020 order?

"Fantastic news! Your 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium has been built – which means it won’t be long before you’re able to experience the thrill of driving!

Our current estimate for delivery to Livermore Ford is between March 7, 2021 and March 13, 2021"

Build week 1/17/2021, actually production date stated 1/29/2021, now I've received the email citing it's been built and will be on a truck/train at some point.

Did anyone contact Ford regarding this dealer? I know Audi was very supportive with dealer issues, but the disconnect between Ford and it's dealers seems like an issue (based on this ordering/tracking process).

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
This thread has me worried. After some run around and non responsiveness from Livermore Ford. I just got my shipped notice. I'm an X plan member .

"Fantastic news! Your 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium has been built – which means it won’t be long before you’re able to experience the thrill of driving!

Our current estimate for delivery to Livermore Ford is between March 7, 2021 and March 13, 2021"

Build week 1/17/2021, actually production date stated 1/29/2021, now I've received the email citing it's been built and will be on a truck/train at some point.

Did anyone contact Ford regarding this dealer? I know Audi was very supportive with dealer issues, but the disconnect between Ford and it's dealers seems like an issue (based on this ordering/tracking process).
I don’t think Ford is going to overtly take actions but does not hurt to complain. But keep in mind contractually the dealers don’t have to agree to accepting Xplan or not charging ADM

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag

If I were you, I would have walked away from an order at Livermore Ford in the first week of December when they repeatedly refused to join CCFR.

You have a few choices now:
* Walk away from the Livermore order, and make a new order now with a dealer (see the six that was recommended by @Kamuelaflyer and @VegStang)
* Walk away from the Livermore order, and go pick up an in-stock unit. Per earlier post in this thread, Towne Ford has a Grabber Blue FE from a cancelled order. They have joined CCFR, and is not asking for ADM.
* See if Livermore comes to their senses in a month. I wouldn't count on that.

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
If I were you, I would have walked away from an order at Livermore Ford in the first week of December when they repeatedly refused to join CCFR.

You have a few choices now:
* Walk away from the Livermore order, and make a new order now with a dealer (see the six that was recommended by @Kamuelaflyer and @VegStang)
* Walk away from the Livermore order, and go pick up an in-stock unit. Per earlier post in this thread, Towne Ford has a Grabber Blue FE from a cancelled order. They have joined CCFR, and is not asking for ADM.
* See if Livermore comes to their senses in a month. I wouldn't count on that.
Towne Ford’s FE was sold the day after it became available. I was told a customer was coming in to buy it at 3:15pm... and then told that it sold before 1pm to another customer

There are currently no available FE’s anywhere in the Bay Area for the time being. Another round of deliveries should reveal more abandoned orders, but just know that most of those get sold within 24-48 hours of showing up on partner sites (cars.com/autotrader etc). Many of them are sold within hours of being listed.

In other words, if you go with this option, be prepared to put in a good amount of work calling dealerships and getting on the list with multiple of them of who they call when they get new inventory. It’s somewhat of a part time job

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes. I did.

More specifically I reached out to Ford Finance. They told me there was nothing they could do, in so many words. Maybe the marketing department (or other) would be more hands on in dealing with them, but I doubt it.

Reactions: EVS

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Towne Ford’s FE was sold the day after it became available. I was told a customer was coming in to buy it at 3:15pm... and then told that it sold before 1pm to another customer

There are currently no available FE’s anywhere in the Bay Area for the time being. Another round of deliveries should reveal more abandoned orders, but just know that most of those get sold within 24-48 hours of showing up on partner sites (cars.com/autotrader etc). Many of them are sold within hours of being listed.

In other words, if you go with this option, be prepared to put in a good amount of work calling dealerships and getting on the list with multiple of them of who they call when they get new inventory. It’s somewhat of a part time job
I changed my order before it was submitted away from the FE. Just wanted a certain color , silver interior and extended range AWD.

So I won't be in a bind to get a FE, but def like my money to work for me as much as I can make it, so not being able to get my X, for being a Ford Partner nor the Options or other money offers, is frankly a non starter :). So I'll call the dealer and ask, then go to ford to see if I can't have my car delivered somewhere else

(I know, good $%$ luck)

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I talked with Livermore Ford today.

They do in fact honor the plan pricing, but the full Bronco does not, as it's considered a speciality vehicle like the Raptor, GT500 etc. but the Mach-E absolutely honors the plan pricing.

Regarding ADM. All ordered cars will be MSRP. It's the cars they get that were not preordered, the dealership has decided to add a mark up, which they legally can do and while none of us agree with that type of bs, it shouldn't affect anyone that has a car coming in to Livermore Ford. Also ADM should not be in affect for anyone qualifying for any of the various plans (based on the plans themselves).

They are honoring all Ford incentives, if the VIN qualifies and its a purchase vs lease (in some situations) the system will apply the discount, this is not something the dealer is ignoring. this should take care of the Active drive assist (but $100, cmon who would miss that?)

The California clean fuel rebate is "not" being honored at this time. The General manager has had a discussion a few times but still feels it's not something they want to do. This is a bit questionable, if Ford is investing 28Billion in the next X years in EV, as a dealership, I'd want to be ahead of the curve on this. I don't know if there is a negative for a dealer signing up to this, are they losing money, do they have to pay the State of CA, I don't know know about this plan, other than it's what $1000 I will have to pay, because the GM of the Dealership doesn't want to sign up (I'm not over this one yet).

Options financing, there is nothing saying they won't allow it, just like other dealers, it seems they have not had to, and it would take a bit of work too get the process in place, paperwork right etc. But I think this is something that other dealers have had to get familiar with it, so it's going to take a couple of customers willing to force them through the process? (I'm out of my elephant on this as I don't know enough about it myself) (there is a good post on the subject somewhere on this forum however.)

I don't know about the point of sale stuff, I forgot to ask and again it's not clear what that is. Unless again it's a Ford incentive, but they stated whatever Ford is offering on that VIN, it will be provided to the customer.

So I feel better about my ordered car. I had plans to call Ford and ask to ship it to a different dealership, but I'll give them a chance based on the conversation.

So, maybe they are adopting based on customer feedback?

Anyways, now we wait.. I wish they had a tracker so you could watch your car as it was traveling!!

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
My experience with Serramonte Ford has been positive. They honor X plan no ADM and also do participate in the California Clean Fuel Rebate program.
Yeah they are a good spot. I've purchased my 3 Fords from Future Ford Concord, but moved to SF so get them serviced at Serramonte.

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I talked with Livermore Ford today.

[...]

The California clean fuel rebate is "not" being honored at this time. The General manager has had a discussion a few times but still feels it's not something they want to do. This is a bit questionable, if Ford is investing 28Billion in the next X years in EV, as a dealership, I'd want to be ahead of the curve on this. I don't know if there is a negative for a dealer signing up to this, are they losing money, do they have to pay the State of CA, I don't know know about this plan, other than it's what $1000 I will have to pay, because the GM of the Dealership doesn't want to sign up (I'm not over this one yet).

[...]

Options financing, there is nothing saying they won't allow it, just like other dealers, it seems they have not had to, and it would take a bit of work too get the process in place, paperwork right etc. But I think this is something that other dealers have had to get familiar with it, so it's going to take a couple of customers willing to force them through the process? (I'm out of my elephant on this as I don't know enough about it myself) (there is a good post on the subject somewhere on this forum however.)
The California rebate should get you $1500 off, not $1000. Every other dealership I've spoken to has signed up for it... not sure why Livermore would not.

So here is where I push back on your understanding of Ford Options at Livermore. I asked the salesman no less than EIGHT times if he could speak to his finance manager about processing payment via Ford Options. I also spoke to the salesman in the presence of the GM about Ford Options and his response at first was, "let me work on it and get back to you," followed by "It's not an option we can do." They don't want to do Ford Options, plain and simple. Hopefully you're right and that does change as more orders come in, but I was flat out denied the opportunity to purchase with Options.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
So here is where I push back on your understanding of Ford Options at Livermore. I asked the salesman no less than EIGHT times if he could speak to his finance manager about processing payment via Ford Options. I also spoke to the salesman in the presence of the GM about Ford Options and his response at first was, "let me work on it and get back to you," followed by "It's not an option we can do." They don't want to do Ford Options, plain and simple. Hopefully you're right and that does change as more orders come in, but I was flat out denied
They don't want to sign up for $1500 CCFR (the only one that doesn't in SF Bay area). They don't want to set up for Ford Options. Either they're lazy/incompetent, or they're deliberately screwing over their customers (to get stock Mach-E from order cancellation). Neither is good.

Last edited:

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Just received the call from Serramonte that my FE arrived today. Picking it up on Saturday!

Apparently they had their first drop of 4 or so Mach-Es, so they're working through them right now. Believe mine is one of the first FE's they've received, and I think their FCTP was part of this drop as well. All have front plates, but the dealer provided feedback to Ford to stop installing them at the factory.

I asked about Options and they are familiar and will walk through all of that when I stop by Saturday AM.

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
$1500 is a decent sum, guess so was $1000. Hmmm, well, will see how this unfolds

Thanks
Tory
Sponsored