Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This might be a good time to check with your installing dealer to make sure they are all on board with the incentives and rebates.

The main ones are:

1) Ford Options financing
2) X-Plan
3) California Rebate at POS, (point of sale)
4) Additional California rebate or grant program support, (California Clean Fuel Reward, California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project, Clean vehicle Assistance program).
5) No ADM

If I missed any - let me know.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I always considered it a Bay Area thing after moving here from Texas. The last 2 vehicle purchases I have done I ended up going to SoCal for similar reasons.
Some things don't change. We left the Bay Area for Hawaii in 2005 or so. We always avoided Livermore Ford when looking for a new car or pickup. Headed on over to the west bay for that. Or out of state.

in the FWIW department, dealers here aren't much better. We use a mainland broker to find what we want at a fair price (outside the MME).

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I called the dealer this morning (Livermore Ford) to see if what was posted here was correct. I talked with a sales guy for about 3 mins until he got so frustrated he put me on hold to talk with a manager. Then the line disconnected. I was also concerned that all of the incoming orders would be treated the same way. This could be the reason the original purchaser declined the car - no incentive support. The only way to find out for sure would be to reach out to the original purchaser of the declined unit to see why they declined the car. You could look at this as a sales technique. One way to get people to decline their cars so the dealer can turn around and sell it with the ADM and other extras, (non-ford financing - more back end money for the dealer if the customer finances it with a local bank that the dealer has a relationship with.).

The end of the day and I said it before - Ford- SELL IT LIKE A TESLA! This attitude by the dealer will walk me over to a Tesla Y in no time.
If this is going to be their MO they should be kicked out of being Ford dealer. I have never heard of a Mfr dealer not complying with Mfr financing/incentives unless they can find something better like hey Mfr offer 2.5 interest but we can get 0.5 through other lenders.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
This might be a good time to check with your installing dealer to make sure they are all on board with the incentives and rebates.

The main ones are:

1) Ford Options financing
2) X-Plan
3) California Rebate at POS, (point of sale)
4) Additional California rebate or grant program support, (California Clean Fuel Reward, California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project, Clean vehicle Assistance program).
5) No ADM

If I missed any - let me know.
Good list - I would also add the $100 incentive for Active Drive Assist. I made a similar list for my dealer and he basically said - dont worry - what ever Ford offers we will agree to it and we are not paying attention so please bring in any paperwork/documentation you have in case we dont have it (like he did not know about the 100 incentive).

It may be a good idea to start discussions about the financing options atleast a week before delivery date

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Some things don't change. We left the Bay Area for Hawaii in 2005 or so. We always avoided Livermore Ford when looking for a new car or pickup. Headed on over to the west bay for that. Or out of state.

in the FWIW department, dealers here aren't much better. We use a mainland broker to find what we want at a fair price (outside the MME).
So glad I sent emails to all 4 dealers that have been listed when I was considering to order Mach E. Livermore Ford was one of them and all I've got from them as a response to all my questions - "Mach E" is not available yet ( like I didn't know that). So glad I went with Walnut Creek Ford - very responsive, very on top of things. There is something weird about Livermore dealers - I once went there (Livermore Honda) to make a regular service for my Honda Pilot (my favorite place in Dublin had pretty big line of cars waiting to be serviced), but I promptly returned back to Dublin as the short contact with Livermore Honda was the worst experience I had in years with a dealer - whom I already do not have high expectations ?

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I reached out to Ford Credit asking if they could provide a way for me to purchase the car with Ford Options at this particular dealer. Here is their response:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Declined First Edition in Livermore Ford in Nor Calif 6B7B821A-513D-4693-985E-F8D9CAE8F289

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I reached out to Ford Credit asking if they could provide a way for me to purchase the car with Ford Options at this particular dealer. Here is their response:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Declined First Edition in Livermore Ford in Nor Calif 6B7B821A-513D-4693-985E-F8D9CAE8F289
i think these dealers will eventually get around to offering the Options program but the first few early adopters have to suffer through this

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good list - I would also add the $100 incentive for Active Drive Assist. I made a similar list for my dealer and he basically said - dont worry - what ever Ford offers we will agree to it and we are not paying attention so please bring in any paperwork/documentation you have in case we dont have it (like he did not know about the 100 incentive).

It may be a good idea to start discussions about the financing options atleast a week before delivery date
Good point- I added the $100 Active driver assist to my list.....

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
I always considered it a Bay Area thing after moving here from Texas. The last 2 vehicle purchases I have done I ended up going to SoCal for similar reasons.
Its nationwide. Dealerships not training their people right, or at all. I have had to mystery shop before for the dealerships I worked for and call places. Its horrible the way people talk and/or do not know anything of what they are talking about. When you are spending serious money with a business, you deserve to be respected and told things honestly when asking questions. Period.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good point- I added the $100 Active driver assist to my list.....
I just thought of another one - Ford Pass Points! I have 44000 points from my last car purchase. They can be used for a new car purchase.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So glad I sent emails to all 4 dealers that have been listed when I was considering to order Mach E. Livermore Ford was one of them and all I've got from them as a response to all my questions - "Mach E" is not available yet ( like I didn't know that). So glad I went with Walnut Creek Ford - very responsive, very on top of things. There is something weird about Livermore dealers - I once went there (Livermore Honda) to make a regular service for my Honda Pilot (my favorite place in Dublin had pretty big line of cars waiting to be serviced), but I promptly returned back to Dublin as the short contact with Livermore Honda was the worst experience I had in years with a dealer - whom I already do not have high expectations ?
Walnut Creek?? When is your car coming in? We are in Antioch!!!

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Walnut Creek?? When is your car coming in? We are in Antioch!!!
Oh, I do not know when it's coming (sent an email to the dealer an hour ago - just to see if he has any info - like when their demo car(s) is coming) - I ordered it pretty late - end of October - so, do not think I should expect anything earlier than summer/fall.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, I do not know when it's coming (sent an email to the dealer an hour ago - just to see if he has any info - like when their demo car(s) is coming) - I ordered it pretty late - end of October - so, do not think I should expect anything earlier than summer/fall.
There is one that was on the train with ours that is going to walnut creek with an eta of 2/17. Its a Gray premium rwd

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is one that was on the train with ours that is going to walnut creek with an eta of 2/17. Its a Gray premium rwd
My car was definitely not even built yet - and I ordered Standard RWD Rapid Red. Carbonized gray is good too though :) As Infinite Blue and Black. The only one I would not go for is White - just didn't like how it looked like, but that is of course just a matter of subjective preference.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car was definitely not even built yet - and I ordered Standard RWD Rapid Red. Carbonized gray is good too though :) As Infinite Blue and Black. The only one I would not go for is White - just didn't like how it looked like, but that is of course just a matter of subjective preference.
My bf ordered the star white but he is going to wrap the white with a matte dark gray. And then has to do something with those wheels....
Sponsored