dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
Doing it himself or having a shop do the wrap?
A shop. I don't think he knows of one as of yet, however a friend of his just got her Tesla wrapped so he may inquire with them....personally I love the white, but i think the dark gray/almost black will stand out in a crowd.

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
A shop. I don't think he knows of one as of yet, however a friend of his just got her Tesla wrapped so he may inquire with them....personally I love the white, but i think the dark gray/almost black will stand out in a crowd.
I spoke about this on another thread actually. Ford used to have “Magnetic Gray” as a color choice for Mustangs until 2020. It was a stealthy gray that is darker than Carbonized Gray. I totally wish this was one of the options for the Mach E. It’s such a badass color.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
I spoke about this on another thread actually. Ford used to have “Magnetic Gray” as a color choice for Mustangs until 2020. It was a stealthy gray that is darker than Carbonized Gray. I totally wish this was one of the options for the Mach E. It’s such a badass color.
I am familiar with it. Toyota has a similar shade called the same thing. We sell A LOT of vehicles in the color...

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Heard from Walnut Creek dealer. They already received 4 cars and 3 of them were bought by the customers successfully. One was not bought and they are thinking to use it for a little test driving and then sell it - Premium Standard RWD Shadow Black. They still didn't decide but if they decide to use it for a test drive, they plan to do it very lightly and as I understand they are planning to contact customers who are on their "ordered to buy" list.
Interesting - so, I should be prepared to see the Mach Es driving around :)

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well my second attempt at getting additional information from Livermore Ford did not go well. At least this time the conversation was longer. They did say that they will not be doing any "Ford Options” financing on stock Mach e's, but they do have “competitive programs” with other lenders. The rep did not know what the circumstance was around why the customer declined the first edition. He did not know if the Mach E was still available at this time. He did suggest that I come on down and take a look and place an order. I asked if I cold do that on-line and he did not know. All in all the whole experience reminded me of a Dodge dealers back in the seventies, (that’s being kind to Dodge dealers BTW).

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Livermore Dealer sales guy was nice enough to let me know that they sold their MME at asking price tonight.
We could have been on the phone at the same time. The issue remains - how are they going to treat customers with orders who want "Options" financing and California rebate programs, let alone x plan and Ford Pass point redemption.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
We could have been on the phone at the same time. The issue remains - how are they going to treat customers with orders who want "Options" financing and California rebate programs, let alone x plan and Ford Pass point redemption.
It's obvious they are not going to handle them "nicely" - they do not know anything, they do not wanna do anything for a customer, they no doubt like you said stuck in 70s. I would try to make a transfer if I were with them and if it's not possible, I would cancel with them with no regrets.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Ford also had this Burgundy Red for Mustangs a few years back. Not sure if that was the actual name but it looked stunning. There’s a Mustang convertible in my neighborhood that has it, I always enjoy running past it and checking it out. If they had that color on the Mach-E, I probably would have gone for it over Rapid Red.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Let's not generalize this to other Ford dealers in California or in Bay Area.

This dealer is on the shit list in the California Clean Fuel Rewards (CCFR) thread since two months ago for their refusal to participate in the $1500 state point-of-sales credit. It's the single worst dealer in SF Bay Area. I said in that thread that this dealer may be doing it intentionally to force the reservation holder out. And it looks like it's exactly what they're doing.

Between $2500 ADM, CCFR opt out, $1400 dealer options, that's $5400 extra. Additionally, you can't do Options, and effectively no leasing. I wonder if they play any games with financing or cash buyer.

Livermore Dealer sales guy was nice enough to let me know that they sold their MME at asking price tonight.
Expect another call soon. As I mentioned above, they'll sure have more "stock" units available.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I just thought of another one - Ford Pass Points! I have 44000 points from my last car purchase. They can be used for a new car purchase.
What does that equal, $44? $440?

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I'm the other forum member that has been getting info on the car. I went yesterday and texted/phoned back and forth for hours today. Here are the details:

- They want $5500 ADM
- Talked them down to $2500 ADM
- They won't honor X-plan
- They won't honor any Ford incentives whether purchasing or leasing
- They won't reduce the residual value by the $7500 tax rebate credit they will receive if I decided to lease it
- Their lease offer came out so much more expensive than their financing option o_O
- They won't participate in the California Clean Fuel Rebate program
- They added a ~$400 theft deterrent system (yikes!) and a $900 door guard fee for clear plastic added to where you would grip the doors... this comes out somehow to $1400 in additions they've added to the price of the car that can't be removed...
those $1400 add-ons are nearly pure profit for the dealer. I bet they paid $25 each for the door edge protectors and scotch guard and paid some guy minimum wedge to install them. Last two cars I bought, each dealer told me the put paint protection and interior protection on all their cars but I said I didn't want it, and they didn't have time to take it off. That won't work for the Mach E because if they keep going down their list, they will get someone who wants the car bad enough and had money to burn.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
The Ford Store, San Leandro is very positive to work with, at least for me.

I'm Z-Plan and was very forward with that status from the start. Even talked about the days when my father worked on Special Projects back in the 90's. When the CCFR came out, the GM was on the ball to sign up and get everything squared away.

My status put me at a huge advantage. They're not selling to me as I'm already a committed buyer of the product. I try to respect their time by being up front, informed, and not wait their time needlessly. Pricing is fixed and can't ADM me, but the dealer gets an easy and effortless sale.

Yet, there are dealers that will still try to pull fast ones. Which is why I think the dealership model at large is -- to put it mildly and not derail the thread -- problematic. But to be clear: San Leandro is so far is great.

Since we're sharing Bay Area dealership stories…
My current 2007 Focus was from Ford of Marin. Since I already ID'ed as Z-plan, they assigned the newest salesmen they had. Bless his heart, he was green around the ears but did a good job. Sadly went bankrupt around year later, but I think it was a dealership over-saturation, but I believe the wrong dealer got the axe…

The following year, my father was visiting and took my car for service to Albany Ford. Even when identifying as a retired Ford employee, they tried to upsell him on unneeded and expensive service to the car. They're now Subaru dealership.

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Our order with Livermore Ford is set/hopeful to arrive by 2/16. MMe 4x Premium extended

• Yes to x-plan
  • Yes to Ford financing at .9% for 48 mos or 1.9% 60 mos
  • No ADM
  • Did not ask about $100 incentive for hands free early adopter.
  • BIG NO on CA clean fuel rebate - I took this opportunity to the owners of the dealership group and they gave it ZERO consideration after my multiple pleas. I slammed the dealer here and on Google and Yelp. That was my only recourse as Ford was no help, stating they cannot influence independent dealer network on participating in incentives. This is costing their customers with preorders Over $30000 because they do not want the paperwork.
They did not call me to see if we wanted to exchange for the Rapid Red

We are still planning to purchase from Livermore Ford, only because a decent sales staff and we do not want to move to the back of the line with a new order. If we did, we would go to Walnut Creek Ford.

We have purchased 3 cars from Livermore Ford over 15 years. Three different owners there, this group is the worst. 5 years ago we ordered our 2016 F150 and they applied the “sticker” theft protection system and had it on our lease agreement when we came in to sign. Never ordered it, they never even mentioned it. Only because I saw the line item in the pricing did I catch it. I told them to remove it and that it was a shady move on their part and they sheepishly removed the charge. To be fair, I’m not sure if this was before the current ownership took over. The original family run Coderolli Ford was amazing and a local treasure to the community. This ownership has many dealerships all over CA and has no detectable soul.
The sales people I have dealt with are friendly and helpful when I can reach them.

Let's not generalize this to other Ford dealers in California or in Bay Area.

This dealer is on the shit list in the California Clean Fuel Rewards (CCFR) thread since two months ago for their refusal to participate in the $1500 state point-of-sales credit. It's the single worst dealer in SF Bay Area. I said in that thread that this dealer may be doing it intentionally to force the reservation holder out. And it looks like it's exactly what they're doing.

Between $2500 ADM, CCFR opt out, $1400 dealer options, that's $5400 extra. Additionally, you can't do Options, and effectively no leasing. I wonder if they play any games with financing or cash buyer.

Expect another call soon. As I mentioned above, they'll sure have more "stock" units available.
Sponsored

Last edited: