Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Anyone had their Ford Mobile Charger (the one that came with your car) replaced under warranty because it was defective? I’ve read a few cases but wanted to put this out for greater input in case this is an emergent issue. Please share the symptoms of what it was doing (or not doing) before it was replaced. Did the issue affect 120V or 240V charging? Any known home electrical issues beforehand (lightning strike, tripped breaker, flickering lights, high/low line voltage)? Also share your vehicle build date if known. This information may be helpful for others experiencing charging issues.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I am having issues as we type. I asked my service technician he said that it’s highly unlikely to be related to the HVB Issue I am having. I for one am not so sure. Just odd that I am having all these LVB AND HVB ISSUES

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This should be interesting, @Mach-Lee.

Let's keep this focused on issues that were absolutely positively pinpointed to the mobile charger. Issues with your low voltage battery? Car doing odd things? Not relevant in this discussion.

I stopped using my mobile charger because it would periodically show amber next to the pulsing blue. It was on a NEMA 14-50 receptacle, on its own new circuit. I measured the bottom area of the brick at ~125F when this was happening, in early June if I recall.

I did not pursue replacement. I assumed it's fine but not built to handle high ambient temperatures. I bought and installed the Connected Charge Station on that same circuit and it's been fine.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I’ve been meaning to try my Ford Mobile Charger to make sure it works, but it’s been almost a year and I still haven’t gotten around to it. I should at least make sure to try it before the warranty expires.

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Yeahh, I always get the amber light on as well - even now in winter and super cold ambient temps. Posted about this last year wondering if others had the same, but it wasn't prevalent back then I guess. I do think it is faulty but just haven't had the bandwidth to deal with it. Between the axle noise and software updates with my dealership this took a backseat. Have no faith they would even know where to begin.

According to what I've read this "fault" code/light could indicate overheating of the EVSE or other connected component. Charging slows down significantly and I can often tell when this happens as my Ford app gives me a message that charging may not finish in time, etc. Sure enough, amber light is on next to the blue.

I will reach out to the POC with the Ford Customer Experience to see if they can help get my in the right direction.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So I'm not crazy, there has been an increase in people reporting issues with this mobile charger recently

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Mine's toast, replaced it with a Chargepoint.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I wonder how many people with the BECM/Harness issue (freezing issue) are using the Ford mobile charger... ?

I would be really interested to hear from them.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Yeahh, I always get the amber light on as well - even now in winter and super cold ambient temps. Posted about this last year wondering if others had the same, but it wasn't prevalent back then I guess. I do think it is faulty but just haven't had the bandwidth to deal with it. Between the axle noise and software updates with my dealership this took a backseat. Have no faith they would even know where to begin.

According to what I've read this "fault" code/light could indicate overheating of the EVSE or other connected component. Charging slows down significantly and I can often tell when this happens as my Ford app gives me a message that charging may not finish in time, etc. Sure enough, amber light is on next to the blue.

I will reach out to the POC with the Ford Customer Experience to see if they can help get my in the right direction.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Ok, I saw that the first time yesterday.

Car was plugged in, had charged it the night before. In the morning told it to “charge to 100%.”

Had the amber/blue light. But within a few minutes it just turned blue and started charging, so no clue what’s up with it.

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Ok, I saw that the first time yesterday.

Car was plugged in, had charged it the night before. In the morning told it to “charge to 100%.”

Had the amber/blue light. But within a few minutes it just turned blue and started charging, so no clue what’s up with it.
Yeah the amber light comes and goes at times. I'm thinking once it has had enough time to cool down, the rate of charge picks back up again to normal and the amber light turns off. At least until it overheats again that is. Keep an eye on it next time, you might notice this too. Mine does it every single time now.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Seeing reports on Reddit too of faults with FMCs

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag

I’m getting this just about every day now.
Same problem. Same yellow light, same slowdown. And I’m also in Virginia where it hasn’t been warm by any stretch.

Smolinski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach 3
Country flag
I am seeing the same issue. I notice that I do not hear the hum from the car when charging as I used to. And that it is taking longer to charge. I am assuming that it is because, it charge, stop charging, cool down, restart charging. Repeat. I am taking it to the dealer to have it check out. Did you get your issue resolve and what was the solution
Sponsored