phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
with the hundred of threads here, I figured I just start a new one.....for those of you who are really stressing about the "delay", maybe some good news.....I just checked my tracking from Ford.....

my delivery date just changed (today).......delivery yesterday was March 1-7, 2021......today Feb.17, 2021 to dealer.....background info, if it matters; Select w/com/appear pkg, original build 12-14-20. changed to 1-6-21. dealer called 1-8-21 car built, Ford emails 1-16-21 saying car it transit, delivery March date above, TODAY, delivery Feb. 17, 2021.....that's about a 3-4 week improvement approx.......if that happens to all of us, well it would be good news!!!......oh, car coming to NJ, and I did not get a "delay email"....take care all.....
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yup I woke up to an e-mail from Ford saying it shipped and the car now shows up in the palsapp

Delayed ETA was 3/24, new ETA is 3/1 and ford.com is showing 2/21 - 3/1 as expected delivery.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
Yup I woke up to an e-mail from Ford saying it shipped and the car now shows up in the palsapp

Delayed ETA was 3/24, new ETA is 3/1 and ford.com is showing 2/21 - 3/1 as expected delivery.
Mine was built 1/9, still nothing about shipping.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Delayed delivery date now moved up (sooner) Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 8.41.56 AM

No email from Ford yet, but Ford order page updated. (Tracker has not) Looks like a little less than a month.
Just curious... what color is your window sticker?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 8.41.56 AM.png

No email from Ford yet, but Ford order page updated. (Tracker has not) Looks like a little less than a month.
So if the car was built on 1/7, why has it not shipped yet. I thought Ford wanted to get the cars that weren't held up by the recall, moving? Why the lag?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
So if the car was built on 1/7, why has it not shipped yet. I thought Ford wanted to get the cars that weren't held up by the recall, moving? Why the lag?
Probably because there are still a few cars sitting around the plant that need to be shipped. Its likely just in line. (Especially since it appears that they are now shipping the "delayed" cars.)

I'm guessing that when the delay hit they had a bunch of cars sitting at the rail yard that needed to be inspected. Instead of moving them somewhere else they simply inspected them right there and then shipped them (thus parking any vehicles currently being produced until the bottleneck was cleared).

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium 4X, Focus Electric
Country flag
I’d guess if there was something that needed to be addressed, it was discovered close to date built. Fix it there.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So what's the current thinking about what the different colors mean?
All stickers before a specific date (maybe OKTB?) were blue. After that date, retail orders are green and stock orders are blue. If a situation arises where shipping priority needs to be assigned, the green stickers will get a higher priority.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Blue sticker...
Thanks. We are still waiting on our ship confirmation for a 1/8 build and I was wondering if there was some priority being used. Who knows at this point.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
All stickers before a specific date (maybe OKTB?) were blue. After that date, retail orders are green and stock orders are blue. If a situation arises where shipping priority needs to be assigned, the green stickers will get a higher priority.
Colors changed around dec 21 or dec 23 from my recollection... don’t know yet what it means

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is why I asked about the color. I still have a blue sticker that says "Special Order" that was built on 1/8 and apparently is still sitting at the factory.
Sponsored