Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
For MME owners in Europe

https://www.tesla.com/support/non-tesla-supercharging

Support
Non-Tesla Supercharger Pilot
November 1, 2021

Today we are launching our Non-Tesla Supercharger pilot at 10 Supercharger locations in the Netherlands.

Access to an extensive, convenient and reliable fast-charging network is critical for large-scale EV adoption. That’s why, since opening our first Superchargers in 2012, we have been committed to rapid expansion of the network. Today, we have more than 25,000 Superchargers worldwide.

With this pilot, 10 stations are now accessible to Dutch Non-Tesla EV drivers via the Tesla app (version 4.2.3 or higher). Tesla drivers can continue to use these stations as they always have, and we will be closely monitoring each site for congestion and listening to customers about their experiences.

It’s always been our ambition to open the Supercharger network to Non-Tesla EVs, and by doing so, encourage more drivers to go electric. This move directly supports our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

More customers using the Supercharger network enables faster expansion. Our goal is to learn and iterate quickly, while continuing to aggressively expand the network, so we can eventually welcome both Tesla and Non-Tesla drivers at every Supercharger worldwide.

General
Which Supercharger sites are open to Non-Tesla owners?
Non-Tesla owners based in the Netherlands can currently charge at 10 Supercharger sites across the country:

• Sassenheim
  • Apeldoorn Oost
  • Meerkerk
  • Hengelo
  • Tilburg
  • Duiven
  • Breukelen
  • Naarden
  • Eemnes
  • Zwolle
Can I Supercharge if I am visiting the Netherlands?
The Non-Tesla Supercharger pilot is currently limited to EV drivers who live in the Netherlands. We will be expanding to additional markets shortly. Tesla drivers from any country can charge as they normally would at these sites.

Will more sites open to Non-Tesla vehicles?
We’re starting with a select number of sites so that we can review the experience, monitor congestion and assess feedback before expanding. Future sites will only be opened to Non-Tesla vehicles if there is available capacity.

Can Tesla drivers still access these sites?
Yes. The Supercharger experience will remain unchanged for Tesla drivers.

I am a Tesla driver, what additional benefits do I get compared to other electric vehicles?
As a Tesla driver you benefit from the seamless integration of charge post and vehicle, optimized route planning and battery pre-conditioning. With your Tesla, you’ll also have access to the lowest Supercharger pricing.

Tesla App
How do I charge if I don't drive a Tesla?

1. Download the Tesla app (version 4.2.3 or higher) for iOS or Android and create a Tesla Account.
  2. Select 'Charge Your Non-Tesla' and find your Supercharger site.
  3. Add your payment method, plug-in your car, select a stall and tap 'Start Charging.'
  4. Select 'Stop Charging' to complete your session.

How do I know which Supercharger post to select in the Tesla app?
Each Supercharger post has a label with a unique identifier at its base. If you are taking the cable from post 4A, simply select post 4A in the Tesla app to begin charging. Please note that if you don't plug in within two minutes of selecting a post, your session will time out and you'll need to start over.

Will Tesla drivers see Supercharging for Non-Tesla vehicles in the app so they can charge other EVs and access their Tesla products from one account?
Yes. All Tesla products and services can be accessed via the Tesla app. Tesla owners can use their existing account to charge Non-Tesla vehicles.
Sponsored

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
Once this rolls out in the US, I'll share some tips on using Tesla Superchargers with a Mach-E to maximize your charging speed.