Delivery Checklist

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
All you First Edition buyers get to make the list for the rest of us. There's no way it could be as long as that one.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Has anyone consider creating a checklist like this?
I've seen that on Tesla videos . . . . yikes, if you need to inspect the car like you do with a Tesla, Ford will have some real issues. Nobody would accept from Ford what they accept from Tesla. As said by Arthur, the FE people will tell us if we need to check everything to make sure the car was painted and all the bolts are there.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
All you First Edition buyers get to make the list for the rest of us. There's no way it could be as long as that one.
I like it. Tesla owners have learned the hard way but that list misses checking to see if the back seat is bolted in!

I'll use it.

RidetheLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1968 Mustang, 2007 Mustang GT
Country flag
I would totally use it too.
My last vehicle was such a long drawn out process with test drives and working on pricing that when we finally got the keys it was already dark outside and the dealer still wanted to explain features like the Ford Pass. We were so done. We just wanted to get out.
Hopefully with the MME it’s painless and I would pay better attention to flaws or defects, if any.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I like it. Tesla owners have learned the hard way but that list misses checking to see if the back seat is bolted in!

I'll use it.
Did you read the story of the Tesla owner that his STEERING WHEEL fall off while riding in his Model 3? Craziness! Can you imagine that happening in a Ford? The NTSB would open an investigation and they would have a nation-wide recall.

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
Elaborate check-lists are useful but very time-consuming at pick-up time. Any problems found are typically covered by warrantee anyway. Some items should be done at the dealer, however, to avoid any liability (blame) for the new owner and for safety. My before pick-up check list includes these items: VIN#, correct model and packages, look for damage to exterior paint & finish, wheels & tires, lamps, interior surfaces, upholstery & headliner. It's probably a good idea to include an undercarriage inspection for anything leaking (wet spots), dents, scrapes or anything loose/hanging. I also check the operation of the lights, wipers, and HVAC to make sure I can get home safely and comfortably. Have I missed anything?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
Was just looking on Twitter at the Ford tweet about copying sentry mode and lots of paint issues came up in the mustang search.

We better have a checklist. Brand new mustang with bad paint.

I know the fan boys will have lots of reasons, but a checklist might be valuable.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Delivery Checklist Screenshot_20200704-124724~2

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag