John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I apologize - the above is absolutely spot on. I was on my way out the door to a triathlon, and I was too hasty when I looked at the results from the forum tracker.

So, I go back to what I said in the second paragraph of post #10.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...up-but-no-update-via-palsapp.8926/post-230007

That is, having shipment / transit dates is as important as having ā€œIn Transitā€ status. Without those, it hasnā€™t actually moved. And technically, there is also a release date which is what gets displayed below ā€œBuiltā€ in Fordā€™s tracker. This is the date the vehicle finished assembly. Typically it ships out very soon after, sometimes even that same day. It may be placed briefly in the ā€œAwaiting Transportā€ state if no rail car is available right away.
Yeah, that's why I was suggesting to pull the VVR. Mine showed "In Transit," but when the VVR was pulled, "In Transit" meant loaded on a train, taken to a nearby holding yard, brought back to the factory on a train some days later, and then parked at the factory "Waiting on Chips" (in the memo line of the VVR). "In Transit" never changed.
Sponsored

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
Assuming you are also "In Transit", I suspect palsapp will show dispatched or delivered with the destination filled very soon.
Thanks. Yes it's been In Transit since 8/13 and the destination is blank and destination name is null.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah, that's why I was suggesting to pull the VVR. Mine showed "In Transit," but when the VVR was pulled, "In Transit" meant loaded on a train, taken to a nearby holding yard, brought back to the factory on a train some days later, and then parked at the factory "Waiting on Chips" (in the memo line of the VVR). "In Transit" never changed.
That brings up an interesting point. If just for academic purposes, It would be useful to know, in these cases where a vehicle lingers past its production date and is never assigned release / ship / transit dates, whether the status reliably means something. There are hundreds of these right now, and they are split between remaining "In Production" and being switched to "In Transit". I have just been assuming that any marked "In Transit" were due to sloppy record keeping. But if it truly does mean those are being moved to a holding lot, that's at least semi-useful information even if it doesn't change the harsh reality that they are not coming to their new homes any time soon.

Thanks. Yes it's been In Transit since 8/13 and the destination is blank and destination name is null.
Cool.

Another thing I mentioned earlier in the thread. There's a "VehicleStatus" in the palsapp database that is fetched by the browser but not displayed on screen. Prior to "Delivered", I've seen four different values for this: On Hold, ASN, Picked, and Paired. I think On Hold is used to indicate a vehicle is on a chip hold, so it shouldn't be expected any time soon (mine was in this state for awhile). I have no idea what ASN means - I've tried to figure it out using the Google, but have been unsuccessful. Picked seems to indicate that the vehicle has been selected for transport "soon", while paired seems to mean it has been assigned to a hauler and is about to move. This is my own sort of detective work - not verified fact - so don't bank on it. But it at least helped pass the time for me between Mexico and Birmingham. :D

Last edited:

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another thing I mentioned earlier in the thread. There's a "VehicleStatus" in the palsapp database that is fetched by the browser but not displayed on screen. Prior to "Delivered", I've seen four different values for this: On Hold, ASN, Picked, and Paired. I think On Hold is used to indicate a vehicle is on a chip hold, so it shouldn't be expected any time soon (mine was in this state for awhile). I have no idea what ASN means - I've tried to figure it out using the Google, but have been unsuccessful. Picked seems to indicate that the vehicle has been selected for transport "soon", while paired seems to mean it has been assigned to a hauler and is about to move. This is my own sort of detective work - not verified fact - so don't bank on it. But it at least helped pass the time for me between Mexico and Birmingham. :D
How do you see "VehicleStatus" in the palsapp database? Through Developer Tools?

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How do you see "VehicleStatus" in the palsapp database? Through Developer Tools?
Yes. If you got your VIN using the seg.fyi technique (or are at least familiar with it) you use that same process to get the JSON response here as well. It is very brief in this case, so it's easy to see the "VehicleStatus" field.

Carlos J. Marrero

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It concerns me that you don't have a Ship Date or a Transit Date (which is really a number) populated yet. Yours looks like mine did when it was stuck at the factory waiting on chips. It had been built, it showed as "In Transit," but it had no ship date. On August 11, I suddenly got a Ship Date populated (with August 11th) and a Transit Date of "34," which is I believe the number of anticipated days for delivery from that ship date.

Looking at this, I think yours is still at the factory waiting on chips. I'd ask your dealership for a Vehicle Visibility Report.
It concerns me that you don't have a Ship Date or a Transit Date (which is really a number) populated yet. Yours looks like mine did when it was stuck at the factory waiting on chips. It had been built, it showed as "In Transit," but it had no ship date. On August 11, I suddenly got a Ship Date populated (with August 11th) and a Transit Date of "34," which is I believe the number of anticipated days for delivery from that ship date.

Looking at this, I think yours is still at the factory waiting on chips. I'd ask your dealership for a Vehicle Visibility Report.

Hi. My order status is exactly the same as JohnnyForensic's.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag

427sideoiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue GTPE
Country flag
Now that my car was delivered to the dealer (yesterday), I checked statuses on the tracking sites. Palsapp is the one that updated yesterday as delivered. shop.ford.com is now showing "In Production" - I'm sure it was "In Transit" while it made its way here. The dates did not change just the status it seems. owner.ford.com also is stuck in the "In production" status so my expectation of being able to complete my paperwork online before going to the dealership is not going to happen.

If Ford wants to move to an online ordering processing for people buying their products, their systems are not ready to support that model.

P.S. - no email notifications from Ford at all which makes sense since their websites do not think anything has changed. Sad, very sad.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If Ford wants to move to an online ordering processing for people buying their products, their systems are not ready to support that model.

P.S. - no email notifications from Ford at all which makes sense since their websites do not think anything has changed. Sad, very sad.
Wow, yea, that's just disappointing. There's no excuse for such subpar user experiences like this. They need to get their act together.

Angelina

First Name
Angelina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Fords tracking system is as crappy as USPS was a couple of years ago. You would get a tracking and it wouldnā€™t update till AFTER the delivery saying it was delivered which defeated the whole purpose of a tracking system.

How reliable is palsap? Is it possible that your vehicle arrives at the dealership while palsapp is stuck in null or in transit status ??

thanks

KZ6e1e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P4X
Country flag
Ford Tracking is not Palsapp.
From my understanding Palsapp is just the trucking company that does a majority of the movement at the KC Rail Yard, which is where a lot of the MME are coming in from Mexico From.

Either they move the car themselves to dealership nearby or they put them on other trains to far away places and you wont see anything.

427sideoiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue GTPE
Country flag
Fords tracking system is as crappy as USPS was a couple of years ago. You would get a tracking and it wouldnā€™t update till AFTER the delivery saying it was delivered which defeated the whole purpose of a tracking system.

How reliable is palsap? Is it possible that your vehicle arrives at the dealership while palsapp is stuck in null or in transit status ??

thanks
sales rep confirmed delivery about the same time I noticed Palsapp being updated from dispatched to delivered. From the time shop.ford.com registered the car as built (Aug 9 after chip update I think when we all saw July builds get updated), Palsapp showed the origin as KC and pending. No description, no destination. Shop.ford showed In Transit with a 33 day shipping number and Sept 1 ETA delivery. Last Friday Palsapp updated destination and description to show my Dealer name and city. Then Tuesday Palsapp changed from pending to dispatched. A day later it was delivered. I was expecting a deliver to trigger an update across the Ford systems but I mentioned that did not happen and shop.ford seems to have flipped from in transit to in production.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fords tracking system is as crappy as USPS was a couple of years ago.
It's definitely not perfect. That being said, when you are looking at a sufficiently large number of these, it seems to have pretty reasonable data overall. A big key is to understand how to interpret the information. That has been a long learning process for me, and it has been greatly aided by being able to see the information for hundreds of Mach-E GTs at once. Without that, I probably would not be nearly as confident that I understood the nuances of the system.

How reliable is palsap?
Similar as above, including understanding the data and how to interpret it.

Is it possible that your vehicle arrives at the dealership while palsapp is stuck in null or in transit status ??
Yes, that has happened in the past, or so I've read here on the forum. I don't believe that is the norm, however. So far, at least for GTs, it has proven to be a useful tool, including facilitating correct predictions of which ones would hit dealerships first.

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes. If you got your VIN using the seg.fyi technique (or are at least familiar with it) you use that same process to get the JSON response here as well. It is very brief in this case, so it's easy to see the "VehicleStatus" field.
It shows "Picked"............
Sponsored