Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Yep, anyone can enter their guess on the arrival date of this first First Edition to a participant here.

I am still hopeful Ford will beat that date, they almost have to make all the Premium Model deliveries to NA promised in 2020.

The number of dealer demo’s and these NA FE’s is very small --- approximately one demo per dealer and less than one FE per dealer to a huge geographical area, all of North America.

Logically, they would ship together and save a lot of delivery costs --- cheaper to drop off two at a dealer than one at a time.

And it’s not likely the dealers will be using these demos to make a bunch of sales this November that can’t be delivered until 2022.
I wonder if it's a real possibility that some of the FEs won't be delivered until Q1 2021, especially with this whole Mach Drop fiasco.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I estimate the Mach drop netted 150 "new" FEs, should be done in one shift.
This may have been asked elsewhere, but I'm wondering for those that did the "Mach Drop" and changed our premium orders to a First Edition, at what point will that be reflected on the Ford Website? I may be paranoid, but I'm concerned that this thing will fall through the cracks and I'll be left without a chair when the music stops. I guess at the very least, I still have my Premium order (as indicated on the website).

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I estimate the Mach drop netted 150 "new" FEs, should be done in one shift.
Machdrop Julie told me that she estimated a total of 200-300 FEs from the drop.

It would seem that if the previous order is cancelled, the total cars on the line would be a net change of zero, just more FEs and less "other" cars, but if the dealer decides to take over the original order then the number of cars would increase, pushing later orders back one position. This would be an additional "new" sale.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
This may have been asked elsewhere, but I'm wondering for those that did the "Mach Drop" and changed our premium orders to a First Edition, at what point will that be reflected on the Ford Website? I may be paranoid, but I'm concerned that this thing will fall through the cracks and I'll be left without a chair when the music stops. I guess at the very least, I still have my Premium order (as indicated on the website).
I was told by Susan (Ford) when I ordered the FE through the Instagram post that it probably wouldn't show "online" until late September, if at all. Not sure how this is working in their system, but was told my dealer can check and advise since they can see it after Ford enters (again, later in September). I plan on checking my online portal at the end of September, and if I don't see anything, or what I do see is not correct, then I will contact my dealer to resolve, and then Susan @ Ford if my dealer has issues . . . .

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
12/4 - Noon

Are we saying the pic is with signed papers? Or Roll out to participant? Because everytime I have bought a vehicle - signing the papers takes HOURS ?

OP
OP
SD_Solar

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
12/4 - Noon

Are we saying the pic is with signed papers? Or Roll out to participant? Because everytime I have bought a vehicle - signing the papers takes HOURS ?
Nah, nothing that formal, just be nice to see a picture of his FE at the dealers and we need the time they estimate it was unloaded.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
12/4 - Noon

Rules (Open to suggestions and changes)
  • The winning time /date selection will be the closest to the actual time / date that the First Edition is on the ground, on all four tires at the dealer’s lot, not just on the carrier. (Your dealer/salesman best time estimate of when this event occurred will be the final / deciding determination for who is the winner.)

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Likely never reflected online, near end of September your dealer SHOULD be able to send you confirmation of the order.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Machdrop Julie told me that she estimated a total of 200-300 FEs from the drop.

It would seem that if the previous order is cancelled, the total cars on the line would be a net change of zero, just more FEs and less "other" cars, but if the dealer decides to take over the original order then the number of cars would increase, pushing later orders back one position. This would be an additional "new" sale.
I would put a +/- of 63 units from my 150 unit estimate.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
9/18 at the soonest. That's when Ford is supposed to manually load the buyer's orders into the order book that dealers sent to Ford as confirmation (deadline 9/15).

Whether they'll show up for us to see online in our ford.com accounts is anyone's guess. But dealers should be able to email you a copy of the order as confirmation after it's in the order book (WEBDO).

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
This is for a particular order and not the first one? Any details, such as color? Location? Reservation and Order date?
Sponsored