Delivery delay due to new recall (HVBJB related?)

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I would assume if they have to replace parts they would halt production to get the new parts. If they keep building I'm hoping that means new cars already have the fix.
That is a reasonable assumption and probably true.
Sponsored

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
I didn't see anyone clearly answer this question so I will: no. The two "issues" are entirely unrelated. The HVBJB has been failing in some cars and the 5 second limit is a control imposed by Ford on GT models.
Cool. Yeah wasn't sure if the HVBJB was a weak point that Ford was trying to protect by limiting the duration of acceleration/heat.

One can only hope, oh well

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cool. Yeah wasn't sure if the HVBJB was a weak point that Ford was trying to protect by limiting the duration of acceleration/heat.

One can only hope, oh well
Ford imposed the 5 second limit before they knew about problems with the HVBJB. I wish they were related, but alas, no.

ElleD

First Name
Elle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium SR RWD; 2010 Subaru Outback
Country flag
I'm chatting with someone at Ford Motor Company, just found out that there is an open recall for my car listed as "22S41 MAIN HV CONTACTOR WELDING". She's checking to see what my next step is.

PNWJustin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium EAWD
Country flag
I'm chatting with someone at Ford Motor Company, just found out that there is an open recall for my car listed as "22S41 MAIN HV CONTACTOR WELDING". She's checking to see what my next step is.
Same. here was my update - I was supposed to get the car this week. It's in my town.

Sad day for me...

Ford Chat:

I am confirming that Recall 22S41 is shown for your provided VIN.

In the affected vehicles, it is possible that the high voltage battery main contactors may
overheat, which can result in an open contactor or welding condition. Should the contactors
weld closed while driving, a powertrain malfunction warning light will be illuminated on the next
drive cycle, along with a no start condition.

Owners of record will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering
information have been provided to dealers. Vehicles in transit will be held until necessary software or parts are available to correct the issue.

The recall does confirm federal law requires dealers to complete this recall service before a new vehicle is delivered to the buyer or lessee. We would recommend speaking with the service/sales manager of the selling dealership for options.

OP
OP
pnrmurph

pnrmurph

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mazda CX-5, 2022 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Keeping things in perspective - Ford identified the problem and is going to fix it at no cost to us. They have our backs.

PNWJustin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium EAWD
Country flag
Keeping things in perspective - Ford identified the problem and is going to fix it at no cost to us. They have our backs.
I just want to echo this. because as much as it sucks...it's true.

joely

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mazda CX-5, 2022 MME Prem ER AWD DMG on order
Country flag
I just want to echo this. because as much as it sucks...it's true.
I mean, I agree. But it's also the absolute legal minimum they can do.

CDanville

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag

ElleD

First Name
Elle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Per the link - the deliver will hold on to the car because there is a large fine if they release it to the owner: https://www.macheforum.com/site/attachments/r22s41an-pdf.69060/
Are you saying the transporter can't deliver, or the the dealer can't deliver?

Just to clarify, I hired a transporter to pick it up at the dealership last week, after completing the purchase. I'm paying for transportation. Car is mine, temporary plates emailed to me. The notice is dated today, 6/13/2022, after I finished buying the car and it was loaded onto the transporter.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Are you saying the transporter can't deliver, or the the dealer can't deliver?

Just to clarify, I hired a transporter to pick it up at the dealership last week, after completing the purchase. I'm paying for transportation. Car is mine, temporary plates emailed to me.
Wow, that is a close one. If all the paperwork is signed and the dealer has told Ford you have taken delivery then it should be fine. If the dealer has not reported it to Ford as delivered yet, you will not.

ElleD

First Name
Elle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, that is a close one. If all the paperwork is signed and the dealer has told Ford you have taken delivery then it should be fine. If the dealer has not reported it to Ford as delivered yet, you will not.
I am showing up on the Ford website as the owner, as well as in Ford Pass. Fingers crossed!

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
I picked up my car last Monday, they let me drive the car until I brought in my outside financing which I did on Friday, but my car is still showing "ready to purchase" online. Not sure what will happen in this case, and I'm going to be out of the country for 2 weeks starting next Monday, so don't know that they can make me give them the car back either...
Sponsored