Delivery delay due to new recall (HVBJB related?)

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I picked up my car last Monday, they let me drive the car until I brought in my outside financing which I did on Friday, but my car is still showing "ready to purchase" online. Not sure what will happen in this case, and I'm going to be out of the country for 2 weeks starting next Monday, so don't know that they can make me give them the car back either...
If you already have possession of the car then you will also be fine.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I picked up my car last Monday, they let me drive the car until I brought in my outside financing which I did on Friday, but my car is still showing "ready to purchase" online. Not sure what will happen in this case, and I'm going to be out of the country for 2 weeks starting next Monday, so don't know that they can make me give them the car back either...
Sounds like itā€™s been delivered already or you just need to park it in your garage for 2 months

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Skys falling?
Not, drive on.
Feb 2021 first edition here, and the car is driving and running fine. For those that want to park it in the corner of their house or far away completely acceptable. However like any technical service bulletin or recall I'm sure it'll be taken care of. I plan on going on around our traffic circle and hanging the rear end out to commemorate this moment.

ElectricSally813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E-X Premium Shadow Black
Country flag
Itā€™s looking like Iā€™m screwed. I canā€™t wait to hear what the Ford buyback lady has to say tomorrow when my husband talks to her tomorrow. šŸ˜’ He digitally signed some paperwork today but nothing was said to him about this. I swear, Iā€™m just sick over it right now.

Attachments

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I mean, I agree. But it's also the absolute legal minimum they can do.
Totally false. Nobody (yet) is forcing them to do anything. They are acting in their own best interest, and protecting their brand image and the image of their "halo" EV, our beloved Mustang Mach-E.

And I still love my MME, just to be clear.

If anyone had the misconception that a new car built with totally new technology in the first year of production would not have any quality issues, you should be ashamed of your ignorance. At least Ford is trying to make it right.

I suggest if you disagree with me, don't try to be a first adopter of new technology. Wait a few more years until everyone works out the bugs, and then you can join in. Meanwhile, I will be enjoying my MME. You enjoy your ICE.

joely

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mazda CX-5, 2022 MME Prem ER AWD DMG on order
Country flag
Totally false. Nobody (yet) is forcing them to do anything. They are acting in their own best interest, and protecting their brand image and the image of their "halo" EV, our beloved Mustang Mach-E.
That's simply not how the regulatory scheme works. Just because NHTSA hasn't forced a recall doesn't mean it's not required by law. In fact, if you get to the point of being forced, you've long since broken the law and are in deep sh** (see little companies called Tesla, Boeing, and Abbott).

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I would assume if they have to replace parts they would halt production to get the new parts. If they keep building I'm hoping that means new cars already have the fix.
I think this is why thereā€™s been a 2-3 week delay in the middle of the 5/23 build week.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's simply not how the regulatory scheme works. Just because NHTSA hasn't forced a recall doesn't mean it's not required by law. In fact, if you get to the point of being forced, you've long since broken the law and are in deep sh** (see little companies called Tesla, Boeing, and Abbott).
It's a guessing game regarding what requires a recall. I will admit there is pressure from the regulations to do something, but there is no evidence to suggest Ford is not doing this because they know it is necessary to protect their image and their first significant BEV product. You can guess otherwise, but I will disagree.

joely

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mazda CX-5, 2022 MME Prem ER AWD DMG on order
Country flag
It's a guessing game regarding what requires a recall. I will admit there is pressure from the regulations to do something, but there is no evidence to suggest Ford is not doing this because they know it is necessary to protect their image and their first significant BEV product. You can guess otherwise, but I will disagree.
Have you worked in a regulated industry? (not asking to throw shade, I'm genuinely curious; these things may seem like a mystery to those who haven't) The regulations require Ford to establish procedures to identify and classify defects, and to define a process for initiating a recall when it is required by the procedures. While that threshold is not prescribed (at least it's not in medical device where I work, but I believe automotive regulations are very similar), it's up to the company, but generally there's some industry norms (spread by consultants) and it's subject to audit and questioning by the regulators. If the regulators don't like what you've written in your procedures, they can urge and/or force you to change them (one generally leads to the other).

The procedures Ford has established will have clear cut definitions of when a recall is required. It's a guessing game to us outsiders because quality procedures are not public, but it's crystal clear to them. The thresholds are generally some combination of frequency (as a proportion of total units) and severity. Since the MME is relatively low volume at this point, it won't take many instances to initiate a recall. And in this case, the severity is high (putting one in a life threatening position when it happens).

The fact of the matter is I agree with everything else in your post. There's a dedicated group of professionals designing and monitoring this sucker. Being part of a recall (and I've been a part of many, they are a part of life in regulated industry) is demoralizing, frustrating, and often times scary. But the crew behind them will be committed to getting a quality, safe and exciting product back in their customers hands. Let's not kid ourselves though, without the law, these structures would not exist in the form they do today, and are the result of excesses by businesses. But the regulations are good business. The human impact, PR and legal nightmares associated with cars exploding at the lightest impact, planes falling out of the sky, cars driving automatically into concrete barriers, planes falling out of the sky... is far greater that the cost of pre-emptive recall.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Wait, you mean i
Well I was going to suggest otherwise but you already decided to disagree..... No fun.....

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you worked in a regulated industry? (not asking to throw shade, I'm genuinely curious; these things may seem like a mystery to those who haven't) The regulations require Ford to establish procedures to identify and classify defects, and to define a process for initiating a recall when it is required by the procedures. While that threshold is not prescribed (at least it's not in medical device where I work, but I believe automotive regulations are very similar), it's up to the company, but generally there's some industry norms (spread by consultants) and it's subject to audit and questioning by the regulators. If the regulators don't like what you've written in your procedures, they can urge and/or force you to change them (one generally leads to the other).

The procedures Ford has established will have clear cut definitions of when a recall is required. It's a guessing game to us outsiders because quality procedures are not public, but it's crystal clear to them. The thresholds are generally some combination of frequency (as a proportion of total units) and severity. Since the MME is relatively low volume at this point, it won't take many instances to initiate a recall. And in this case, the severity is high (putting one in a life threatening position when it happens).

The fact of the matter is I agree with everything else in your post. There's a dedicated group of professionals designing and monitoring this sucker. Being part of a recall (and I've been a part of many, they are a part of life in regulated industry) is demoralizing, frustrating, and often times scary. But the crew behind them will be committed to getting a quality, safe and exciting product back in their customers hands. Let's not kid ourselves though, without the law, these structures would not exist in the form they do today, and are the result of excesses by businesses. But the regulations are good business. The human impact, PR and legal nightmares associated with cars exploding at the lightest impact, planes falling out of the sky, cars driving automatically into concrete barriers, planes falling out of the sky... is far greater that the cost of pre-emptive recall.
Good points. I do work in a regulated industry, but not one that produces products that might need to be recalled. In any case, we can't know how Ford would behave without the regulations unless we get rid of them and see. It is my guess they would still issue a recall because their business would be threatened if they didn't. But I cannot prove that, of course.

H.Bergeron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lightning
Country flag
DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this safety recall.
A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers in the 3rd quarter of 2022 when it is
anticipated that software and/or parts ordering information and repair instructions will be
available to support this safety recall.

We can only hope it's July and not September. šŸ˜©

The news just keeps getting worse with this car.

MAIN HV CONTACTOR WELDING". She's checking to see what my next

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
The news just keeps getting worse with this car.
I don't see this as things getting worse at all. This issue has really been the only major issue the car has had and they apparently have found a fix for it. I see this as good news in the long run.

zgruven

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was about take delivery of my Mach-E this thursday, but the dealer just called and said Ford has put a stop to all deliveries. He called me as soon as they found out so this is fresh from ford. He read off what the bulliten said and I think it is related to the HVBJB issues, but I am not 100% sure (was in a bit of shock when he read it). He said all Mach-E's are affected and he didn't have an ETA or any additional info on a fix, etc. I will see If I can find out more.
For Fā€™s sake it will be one year since I placed the order for my Mach-e before I get it! CR is at dealership and was told they canā€™t sell it to me! I think I am done with ford this is the last straw. 1 year to get a car when others placed an order 8 months ago and they have their car. Time to look at a used Tesla! And they better give me my $1000 when I sign off on not taking this vehicle!! Ford is a failure with this car!!!
Sponsored