First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
From Darren Palmer of Team Edison:

Were you the one who was lucky enough to put the 1,700 miles on this vehicle?

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
There is a reason I don't want a Tesla and I hope these types of things are not going to be the same for the Mach E. The fact there is a volume button and looks like a standard array of steering wheel controls I hope we won't need to dirty up the screen too much.
I think the stupidest thing with the screen controls on the model 3 and I am assuming the Y is that the hvac vents are controlled by the screen including the ones for rear seat passengers :(.

I don't like the way the hvac got moved to the screen on the mach-e but as the volume control is physical but the volume icon in the center is on the screen, I hope that even if it isn't standard now that an OTA update will allow it to become contextual so it can be used to toggle between various other functions such as adjusting the cabin temperature similar to the way the dials work in the i-pace & range rover velar

I also imagine that as soon as you touch the screen or drive off that the animation will stop,, well I hope it does or will that festure have to be added to the list of OTA updates after people have had enough of watching it after a few weeks of ownership.

mspford

First Name
Mohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang, Hyundai santa FE
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
this is the hold mode i.e. runs when car is in acc mode with doors open or just doors open. This animation is not the startup sequence. That is just a drop.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Ya...it looks cool and all....but I'd prefer not to wait around for 20 seconds (minimum) until all the information I need to get my electric car on the road is ready.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Notice that the odometer is shown...

My guess is that this animation plays whenever one of the front doors is opened while the car is "off," until it plays out or until you start the car, whichever happens first. My current car does a Ford animation when I open the door, though not as lively as this one.
Oh donā€™t be so practical. ;) Letā€™s have fun with it and find the most outlandish possibility for it. :p

It is: The MME swirling screen of death. Unplug your battery, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in and restart normally.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Oh donā€™t be so practical. ;) Letā€™s have fun with it and find tge most outlandish teSfk. For it. :p

It is: The MME swirling screen of death. Unplug your battery, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in and restart normally.
Oh god, please no. I don't want a continuation of SYNC 2 issues from my current car! :eek:

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Oh donā€™t be so practical. ;) Letā€™s have fun with it and find tge most outlandish teSfk. For it. :p

It could be what we'll see whenever the car thinks we've said "Hey, Ford." Just like how my Android phone wakes up when I say "Frickin Google knows too much about me."

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It could be what we'll see whenever the car thinks we've said "Hey, Ford." Just like how my Android phone wakes up when I say "Frickin Google knows too much about me."
Maybe ā€œHey Mach-e!ā€ That would wake up the vehicle. Then give it an old school Star Trek computer voice. ;)

Or an OTA selection of various ā€œpersonalitiesā€ for the car. :p

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Maybe ā€œHey Mach-e!ā€ That would wake up the vehicle. Then give it an old school Star Trek computer voice. ;)

Or an OTA selection of various ā€œpersonalitiesā€ for the car. :p
It would be nice if you could program your own key word or phrase to wake up the vehicle. Naturally, Iā€™d choose ā€˜Mustang this is Ghost riderā€™

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Oh god, please no. I don't want a continuation of SYNC 2 issues from my current car! :eek:
Sync 2/MFT was the worst. Sync 3 is soo much better.

As long as they avoid the dreaded "Stop Safely Now" issues that plauged the Focus Electric's we should be good. :eek:

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
That shiny screen attracts a lot of dust and is full of fingerprints, same problem the e-tron has in many of the reviews Iā€™ve seen. Donā€™t know if Tesla does it in any different way.
They all need anti glare, ati fingerprint screen protectors. Not sure how long it will take to have them available. Also cameras always make them look worse.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Sync 2/MFT was the worst. Sync 3 is soo much better.

As long as they avoid the dreaded "Stop Safely Now" issues that plauged the Focus Electric's we should be good. :eek:
I remember the "stop safely now" messages on my 2008 Escape Hybrid- they went away once I replaced the HV battery water pump. Glad to hear sync got better...
Sponsored