John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I found out much to my chagrin that departure settings ONLY work if the Mach E is plugged in. BTW, if you have your departure setting set to "warm" I felt like I was getting into a Toaster and had to open my windows.

I do not have a plug at work, and even though I have a departure setting set for 5:05 pm, my Mach E is not warm when I go out to my car to leave. I thought the days were gone where I would have to remember to start my car for it to be warm (or cool).

Others have told me this was also the case in the Focus Electric, but the Mach E has a MUCH bigger battery and range.

Maybe a question for @Ford Team , but could we have the option for departure settings to be active whether or NOT the vehicle is plugged in?
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I had assumed this would be the case, but hadn't tested. I'm too used to already starting whatever car I'm driving via my phone as I go take my final bathroom break before leaving work, so no huge deal to me.

I also agree that the "warm" climate setting is indeed FIRE.. Wish they'd let use set a temp, or use what we last set inside the car. My i3 doesn't allow temp settings at all, it defaults to around 72F, so I guess it's nice we have some arbitrary "settings" to pick from.

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I had assumed this would be the case, but hadn't tested. I'm too used to already starting whatever car I'm driving via my phone as I go take my final bathroom break before leaving work, so no huge deal to me.

I also agree that the "warm" climate setting is indeed FIRE.. Wish they'd let use set a temp, or use what we last set inside the car. My i3 doesn't allow temp settings at all, it defaults to around 72F, so I guess it's nice we have some arbitrary "settings" to pick from.
I always forget. I get busy and before I know it, 5:00 is here. It was worse when I had to go walk to the back of the office by the exit to push the buttons on the fob to start my Escape.

Need to see if I can otherwise automate this on my own.

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Last edited:

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
I also agree that the "warm" climate setting is indeed FIRE.. Wish they'd let use set a temp, or use what we last set inside the car.
There‘s an option for using the last settings....can’t recall where exactly but I know I saw it In the in-car menus.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Wish they'd let use set a temp
This is the biggest head scratcher on the whole car. Why not just let us set a temp? I want "warm" in the winter but "cool" in the summer, but really those are going to be relatively the same temp--around 70. So, do I need to change my schedule twice a year? Just absolutely bonkers

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
This is the biggest head scratcher on the whole car. Why not just let us set a temp? I want "warm" in the winter but "cool" in the summer, but really those are going to be relatively the same temp--around 70. So, do I need to change my schedule twice a year? Just absolutely bonkers
I have an Ecobee thermostat at home. Until recently I had the same issue with having to switch from heat to air seasonally. They finally fixed that. Hopefully an OTA update?

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I have an Ecobee thermostat at home. Until recently I had the same issue with having to switch from heat to air seasonally. They finally fixed that. Hopefully an OTA update?
Hopefully they are trolling these and other forums for feedback. They can absolutely fix it with an OTA, but will they? Who knows. Sometimes these car guys try to get too clever for their own good, and with this car in a couple of places like this, they are trying to out-clever Tesla which just ends up with these weird things

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hopefully they are trolling these and other forums for feedback. They can absolutely fix it with an OTA, but will they? Who knows. Sometimes these car guys try to get too clever for their own good, and with this car in a couple of places like this, they are trying to out-clever Tesla which just ends up with these weird things
They do troll and monitor these boards. Hopefully they can separate the wheat from the chaff. There is a lot of chaff here though . . .

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
There's another thread with a Ford employee who requested feedback and has acknowledged this request specifically I believe.

Since FordPass has Alexa and Google Assistant integration, you should be able to routine the "Start" command and set it to a schedule. There's also FordPass for HomeAssistant for those who use it.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

There is 3 settings on the Ford app, I don't have my car yet so I'm just guessing here, cold -warm-hot if I'm not mistaking, wouldn't those correspond to the 3 speeds of the Auto set up for the HVAC in the infotainment system? Then would your last temp setup remain?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
FYI, for those interested in Siri Shortcuts, here is a post about adding some Siri Shortcuts for Fordpass, and they work - only for us iPhone users though.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fordpass-siri-shortcuts.8200/
Thanks for this! Haven't tested myself yet, but will be nice to have.

I still use Google Assistant as my main voice assistant (home is Google backed), but have an iPhone now. Was going to set up FordPass through Home Assistant for now to get voice wherever I wanted but this will be nice to try too.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I am guessing they don't want you to come out to a warm car but low battery. But it seems like they could let you set a pre-condition schedule and it cancels if the battery falls below a certain percentage.

I have both iPhone and Android so I'll look into doing some automation with both of those.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I am guessing they don't want you to come out to a warm car but low battery. But it seems like they could let you set a pre-condition schedule and it cancels if the battery falls below a certain percentage.

I have both iPhone and Android so I'll look into doing some automation with both of those.
For an example here, Tesla preconditioning and HVAC hold modes all cancel at 20% battery

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Here are the preconditioning options.

No idea what actual temperatures each one maps to, so I just picked Warm and will move down from there. :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Departure Settings - you gotta have a plug IMG_1499.PNG
Sponsored