Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I picked warm too. It was about 48 degrees when I got in my car this morning and it was nice in there. The driver's seat and steering wheel heater was on so that was nice (I didn't leave them on when I parked the car last night....)

I also turn off E-Heat in temps around 60 degrees and above and that was left off when I parked last night. I checked when I got in this morning and E-Heat was on......which makes total sense because it had to get the cabin to the 'warm' setting.

I even got a message on Ford Pass that my car was ready. It said "Thor's cabin temperature is now ready" (Thor being the name of my car of course....) :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Here are the preconditioning options.

No idea what actual temperatures each one maps to, so I just picked Warm and will move down from there. :)

IMG_1499.PNG
I park my car inside a garage that I keep heated to 50 degrees. So when I got in, warm was like an oven.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There‘s an option for using the last settings....can’t recall where exactly but I know I saw it In the in-car menus.
Yes, but that's only for a manual remote start, not preconditioning triggered by departure times.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I also wish departure times worked when unplugged. And I don't understand remote start being limited to 2 times in a row. I wanted to use it to melt snow off my car periodically throughout the day.

Evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
I do not have a plug at work, and even though I have a departure setting set for 5:05 pm, my Mach E is not warm when I go out to my car to leave. I thought the days were gone where I would have to remember to start my car for it to be warm (or cool).
Having to be plugged in for the car to recognize the departure times setting is a huge disappointment. Here in PHX one of the best features of an electric car would be to tell it to cool down the car on a schedule so it's not 150* in there at 5pm. I really don't mind it eating up some battery to start cooling the car down... I also know that I'm not the only one that lives in a warm climate, that commutes and doesn't have a plug available at the work place. Please Ford, please!

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
FYI, for those interested in Siri Shortcuts, here is a post about adding some Siri Shortcuts for Fordpass, and they work - only for us iPhone users though.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fordpass-siri-shortcuts.8200/
I have been messing with this today. If you have an iPhone, you can schedule Siri Shortcuts with an automation to start your car at a predetermined time using this workaround. Yeah, I know it isn't through FordPass, but it seems to work!

Evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I found out much to my chagrin that departure settings ONLY work if the Mach E is plugged in. BTW, if you have your departure setting set to "warm" I felt like I was getting into a Toaster and had to open my windows.

I do not have a plug at work, and even though I have a departure setting set for 5:05 pm, my Mach E is not warm when I go out to my car to leave. I thought the days were gone where I would have to remember to start my car for it to be warm (or cool).

Others have told me this was also the case in the Focus Electric, but the Mach E has a MUCH bigger battery and range.

Maybe a question for @Ford Team , but could we have the option for departure settings to be active whether or NOT the vehicle is plugged in?
Very interesting - I thought departure times should work whether its plugged in or not. This needs to be addressed. Or was Ford's intention you would do a remote start 10 minutes before leaving from work and set the temp that way (or may be you cant..but may remember last temp settings?)

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I picked warm too. It was about 48 degrees when I got in my car this morning and it was nice in there. The driver's seat and steering wheel heater was on so that was nice (I didn't leave them on when I parked the car last night....)

I also turn off E-Heat in temps around 60 degrees and above and that was left off when I parked last night. I checked when I got in this morning and E-Heat was on......which makes total sense because it had to get the cabin to the 'warm' setting.

I even got a message on Ford Pass that my car was ready. It said "Thor's cabin temperature is now ready" (Thor being the name of my car of course....) :)
How do you turn off e heat at certain temps? Or do you have to do that manually?

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
I had assumed this would be the case, but hadn't tested. I'm too used to already starting whatever car I'm driving via my phone as I go take my final bathroom break before leaving work, so no huge deal to me.

I also agree that the "warm" climate setting is indeed FIRE.. Wish they'd let use set a temp, or use what we last set inside the car. My i3 doesn't allow temp settings at all, it defaults to around 72F, so I guess it's nice we have some arbitrary "settings" to pick from.
I set my cabin temp at 69 in winter and use the medium setting for warming up the car. Even that feels too warm to me. I have to take off my coat.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Hopefully they are trolling these and other forums for feedback. They can absolutely fix it with an OTA, but will they? Who knows. Sometimes these car guys try to get too clever for their own good, and with this car in a couple of places like this, they are trying to out-clever Tesla which just ends up with these weird things
@Ford Team had responded to my question in another thread.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/fordpass-alexa-skill-google-home.2540/post-121181
The "strategic approach" will work in theory, but we just have to figure out what the arbitrary warm, medium and cool mean.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I'd like to use departure times, but I'm also charging only on off peak times, per a discount program through my electric company. Right now off peak ends at 7 am and I don't leave for work until 7:20 am. As part of the program with the electric company I lose my discount for charging outside of the designated off-peak times. So right now I'm not being able to precondition the car without risking unintended charging.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this? I know that you can set charging to stop at a certain time, but not sure if that would still allow for preconditioning.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I too would LOVE to be able to do this without having to have the car plugged it. I do not have access to my phone at work, I work in a very secure environment. Think SCIF but worse. We are allowed zero electronics. So I cannot start my car until off work and on the way to it after picking up my keys from the lock box. About 2 mins ok walking. I would REALLY like to schedule a time for it to just start, and start cooling/heating up. This has to be possible, make it so please!
Sponsored