burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
Long story short, I had to cancel my original order because I’m moving to a different area of the country and won’t be able to take delivery. My plan was to order again at a dealer near my new city. So I reached out to the nearest dealer to inquire as to their policy regarding the $500 deposit being refundable. This was what I got:

A3FEFC19-1136-4D9D-9D67-3FEE3915E3C3.jpeg
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
lots of threads kind of around this but not your exact situation I think.

the dealer is being a dealer. They are asking for $2K non-refundable just because they can. We've never heard of any Ford requirement above $500 but dealers can do what they want.

try another one (I know you said this is the closest)... you can do better. maybe even find one that was already cancelled sitting on a lot somewhere with little or no ADM or a dealer that will ship to you for a small cost. they are around on this forum.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Deposit Markup 1616768841956

OP
OP

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
lots of threads kind of around this but not your exact situation I think.

the dealer is being a dealer. They are asking for $2K non-refundable just because they can. We've never heard of any Ford requirement above $500 but dealers can do what they want.

try another one (I know you said this is the closest)... you can do better. maybe even find one that was already cancelled sitting on a lot somewhere with little or no ADM or a dealer that will ship to you for a small cost. they are around on this forum.
Oh yeah, I’ve already reached out to 3. This was just the first reply.

redrambha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MachE Premium Extended RWD
Country flag
I'm not sure where in VA you are, but in the Northern VA area and MD there are quite a few at dealerships that you can pick at MSRP. I picked mine up in MD with no hassle.

OP
OP

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
I'm not sure where in VA you are, but in the Northern VA area and MD there are quite a few at dealerships that you can pick at MSRP. I picked mine up in MD with no hassle.
Yeah, the issue is since we’re buying a house for the move, I can’t make the purchase until after closing, at which point we’ll no longer be here. I figured ordering would take long enough to make sense. I guess I’ll end up finding a dealer with no ADM that has one nearby there.
Sponsored