S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag

There are so many videos now on the Mustang Mach E, but this is one I really enjoyed today.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OP
OP
S.B.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
you know I'm not back to 100% yet. look at these fails lol. white flag raised. ?
It’s ok. To me, this one is worth posting twice. ?
I actually looked for it, and waited thinking you might post it as you do all the good videos.

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
He appears to be strict in his ratings (Mach-E 6.9) but his credibility is gone with the Honda E rating.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Designer points out the design TRICKERY On The MUSTANG MACH E 1618011493283

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I love his opinions. I just now discovered this guy is on youtube - thanks for sharing!
Regarding the Mach-E....when he showed this, I had to admit I actually kind of liked it.
Somebody with a non-black car, wrap your roof pillar in body color :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Designer points out the design TRICKERY On The MUSTANG MACH E 1618026853338

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
He appears to be strict in his ratings (Mach-E 6.9) but his credibility is gone with the Honda E rating.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Designer points out the design TRICKERY On The MUSTANG MACH E 1618026853338
The Honda is cute I guess but it’s also extremely soft and timid looking.

Also, nicking the Mustang because the designers utilized clever visual tricks to make the car seem more appealing is just ass-backwards. Like, isn’t the point of design to take something fundamentally good and make it even more appealing? That’s a negative now? Ridiculous logic.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
How do you say, thank you for your time and video set and implied design acumen, but I'm driving it, people are reacting in real life and it's an absolute triple crown of a design to all who see it. I see these reviews and can't help the obvious self imposed, almost there, comments to validate their 'reserved, rare validation' of a winning design. Ford absolutely nailed this car in the design and execution. Take a bow Ford, you put the pen down at the exact right moment.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
It was an interesting video - until the end. He lost of me at his rating system. In what world does the Honda E get a 10?
In a world with kickbacks and sponsored endorsements?

The Honda E reminds me of a Chevy Chevette in terms of exterior design. Not saying the Honda E is a bad design (and the interior looks better than the exterior IMHO), but his numerical rating for it makes little sense especially when compared with other ratings he has given. Maybe it reminds him of a Cooper and that biased his score.

OP
OP
S.B.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It was an interesting video - until the end. He lost of me at his rating system. In what world does the Honda E get a 10?
Oh wow, that chart was flashed so quickly I missed that part. Yep, good until the end. I kind of really like the “trickery” angle of the designers. To me that’s what design is all about—minimizing negatives and accentuating positives.

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
Just to contrast. His review of the Cybertruck isn’t as favorable.
That Buick, though.... Wow! I have to agree with his assessment: impressive design. Just beautiful.

About 8-10 years ago, Buick had a concept car called the Avenir. It was gorgeous, with a long hood, and lines that evoked the Art Deco designs of the 1920s and 30s. Like so many others from Buick, it was simply intended as a design study, which was really too bad. We got rebadged Opels and that abominable Regal TourX instead.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag

I just watch his review on it and I can see why he rated it so high. The Mach E got fair hits to is design and for what it was both trying to cover up very well and intent design. Mustang Mach E started with a Mustang back.
Honda E had a completely different intent in both the car design and its base. He does have some things that he though needed to change even on it but over all it makes sense.